I'm Loving: WRD Magazines


It's obviously no secret that I love books, especially when it comes to books for younger readers - from picture books to YA. So imagine my excitement when I discovered there is an amazing magazine dedicated to sharing children's books!

WRD magazines are for children aged 8-13+ (these are spread across two separate magazines, which I will talk about in more detail later in the post). The company rebranded as WRD in 2013, after previously being known as tBkmag. They really are the best source of up-to-date releases and what is happening in the world of children's books. The magazines include interviews, special feature pieces and - my personal favourite - extracts from new releases so you can have a sneak peek at some new books.


To be clear, this isn't an advert. I haven't been asked to review this magazine. I just really love reading them and want to share that enjoyment.

The main magazine looks like the one pictured below, which is the most recent issue (Summer 2024). In fact, seven of the books I mentioned in my Middle Grade Summer Reads post are mentioned in this issue - that was before I read the magazine too. This is probably one of the big reasons why I love this magazine; they have so many books included that I know I'll love. I essentially use it as my TBR list! I add almost every book to my GoodReads each time.


They also include some great features, which have inspired my own blog posts. In the latest issue, they have a 'Pirates vs Wizards' spread, which I love. They previously did a 'Dragons vs Unicorns' article too, which inspired me to pick my favourite books that include these magical animals. You can see that post here. I did think about doing my own post inspired by their latest duel but I don't think I know that many pirate books. I can think of loads of wizards but not as many pirates.

Alongside the children's/middle-grade magazine, they also produce WRD XTRA: A mini-mag for teenage readers. This smaller magazine is aimed at readers 13+ and is a great addition. You can see an example of their latest issue below (Summer 2024).

Even though I cannot read books of this age range with my class, I personally still love reading a young adult book. Just like before, there are a few books mentioned in this latest issue that I have already planned into an upcoming post about my YA summer reads.


If you would like to check out WRD magazines, click here. Again, this isn't an ad - I just really love these magazines and wanted to talk about them. You can also follow them on Instagram and Twitter

Happy reading!

No comments