Bake with Me: NYC Cookies


Another day of baking, another set of Jane's Patisserie recipes that I've tried out...

I've made these NYC cookies several times, all different variations of the OG: NYC Chocolate Chip Cookies. These were the first ones I ever made and I've made them at least 6-7 times since then. Filled with lots of chocolate chips and a sprinkling of Maldon Sea Salt, these are the perfect soft cookies.

I also made the gingerbread ones (can be found here, along with many other versions of this beautiful recipe) and I've baked the birthday cake sandwich cookies from one of her books too.

The other week, I decided to bake some more cookies. My boyfriend often asks when I'll be making them again, so I decided to make a batch of the original ones. I then realised I had enough to make a second batch... plus I had a pack of Oreo's in the cupboard. So, I decided to give the Oreo NYC Cookies a go as well!

In the notes at the bottom of her recipes, Jane says about halving the size of the cookie balls to make smaller versions. I decided to do this for the first time. Normally, I leave them at their gigantic, original size but I wanted to take some into work. This means each batch would give me sixteen slightly smaller (but still big) cookies rather than eight.


I loved the look of the Oreo cookie dough - that is pure happiness (and sugar) in a bowl right there!


Here are the OG chocolate chip and sea salt cookies (I always add a little extra pinch of salt in mine!)


How amazing do these Oreo cookies look?! They tasted incredible and I think they might be my favourite variation of this recipe so far. Although, I still have many versions to try.


Overall, these were a great success. My colleagues enjoyed them and they didn't last long at home either! Now I just need to decide which variation to make next...

No comments