The Tortured Poets Department Book Tag (ORIGINAL)



To celebrate the release of Taylor Swift's new album, The Tortured Poets Department, I decided to create a book tag! I know - it's so old-school!

I've listened to the anthology of 31 songs and selected 13 (Taylor's number) to link to questions giving a book or character as a response. Some link to the lyrics of the songs, some to the title and a few link to the apparent meaning of the songs.

So, let's get started...

1. Fortnight: A book you finished in less than two weeks

After reading Fourth Wing, I immediately reached for Iron Flame and finished it in just under a fortnight - which was pretty good considering I had gone back to work. Finishing a book at this speed since I started teaching is unheard of, so I was pretty impressed with myself.




2. The Tortured Poets Department: A book with memorable or poetic lines

Divine Rivals by Rebecca Ross was a recent read for me but the letters written between the two main characters were just so beautiful and almost poetic. The letters they shared were actually my favourite part of the book.



3. But Daddy I Love Him: A book character you are completely in love with

It has to be Azriel from the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J Maas. I have a soft spot for Rhysand and Cassian too but Azriel is the one I've always been drawn to. I can't wait to see how his story continues! 



4. Florida!!!: A book that felt like an escape

Continuing with my Sarah J Maas connections, the Crescent City series - especially the first book - was a great escape for me. This was mainly because I listened to the audiobook on my way home from work as a way to unwind, switch off from school and take some time for myself.



5. Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me?: A book with a character that comes across as scary

Another Sarah J Maas mention - last one, I promise! For me, Manon Blackbeak from the Throne of Glass series came to mind instantly with this song. She strikes fear into many in the book but she is a character I loved from the start. What a woman!



6. I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can): A book you wish you could change something about

This book is a solid 5 out of 5 for me; I loved it and even read it with my class as part of our World War II topic. Truth be told, I wouldn't actually change anything as it's incredible but - if I could - I'd want a different ending. Just those last few pages. Even if it made sense and still had a powerful ending... if you've read it, you'll know what I mean.



7. loml: A book you will love forever

This book by Matt Haig will always hold a special place in my heart. I read this at a difficult time in my life and it really resonated with me and had the best messages behind it. It's one I've recommended to many people in my life.



8. I Can Do It With a Broken Heart: A book that left you so broken you almost had to take a reading break

Reading this book is a core reading memory for me, even though it was heartbreaking and devastating to see a character I connected with go through some horrible things. I remember finishing it and wondering how I'd ever recover!



9. Clara Bow: A book that deals with fame or being in the spotlight

I read this book back when it was first released in 2016 and remember daydreaming about this situation happening to me! It follows our FMC falling in love with a movie star, who comes to film in her village.



10. How did it end?: A book with a memorable ending

I had a few I could put for this prompt but, overall, this is the book that stood out the most. The ending of this book stood out to me long after I read it back in 2016. I definitely recommend it if you want a YA book with secrets and twists.



11. So High School: A high school romance

Another book that immediately came to mind when I thought about high school romance and relationships. I loved this book when I first read it. I also really liked the film.



12. Cassandra: A book based on history or mythology

I immediately thought of this book when listening to Cassandra and the lyrics, referencing the story of Cassandra and Apollo. Taylor makes relatable links beautifully through this mythology.



13. Peter: A childhood book you’d still read as a grown-up

Anne of Green Gables is one of my favourite books of all time and a classic childhood book. I reread it a few years back and fell in love with it all over again. I think I'm due another reread soon!



And there you have it - The Toretured Poets Department book tag!

Let me know if you do the tag as well. Feel free to tag me on Twitter, Threads or Instagram (all are @janaybrazier) and enjoy The Tortured Poets Department album!

1 comment

  1. Great questions! I love the new album too!

    ReplyDelete