Summer Holidays 2023

 


Summer is over and I'm back in school. I'm enjoying this new year, in a new school, with my Year 6 class, but I thought I would recap some of the best moments of my summer holidays as we enter autumn.

Here are some of my highlights of the summer holidays:

Shopping and Lunch Date
One of the first things we did in the holidays was take a wander into the city to go shopping and get some lunch at Turtle Bay. It was a lovely, relaxed day and a great way to start our time off.

Weekend at Center Parcs
Cameron and I had a fantastic time away at Center Parcs at the end of the first week of the holidays. You can read more about our long weekend in Center Parcs Elveden Forest here.

Mersea with Friends
One evening, we drove to Mersea Island with our neighbours to have drinks by the water and get fish and chips. We didn't end up getting fish and chips because we had to leave before the tide came in and trapped us there, so we headed home, ordered pizza and played some games. If you haven't played Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza before, you need to get it!

Colchester Zoo
A day at the zoo was a must for us during the summer holidays, especially when we picked one of the sunny days too. You can read more about our day out at Colchester Zoo here.

Decorating the Bathroom
We have been wanting to brighten up our bathroom for a while now and these past few weeks have given us the chance to sand down walls, choose a new paint colour and get everything looking pretty. We are really happy with the outcome and now want to redecorate some other rooms.

Go Ape
I still can't believe I did this but a couple of weeks ago, Cameron and I went to Go Ape at Thetford Forest. I'm not very adventurous and I'm not a fan of heights but I decided to have a go. I was terrified and my legs were like jelly 99% of the time, but I was brave and I did it. I went home covered in mud after landing on my back after every zip line but I did it!


What was your favourite summer memory? Are you looking forward to autumn?

No comments