'Tis The Season: Five Things I Love About Christmas


Today I am sharing five things that make this season so special for me. Some of them are big things that most people associate with Christmas and some are just little things that I always look forward to.


1. Spending time with family
Christmas really is the time for family - and friends - to get together. I spend time with my immediate family regularly anyway but it's nice to be able to get everyone together all in one place over Christmas. It's also nice to be able to give those special people in your life a gift, share a meal together and play those games at only come out after a Christmas dinner.

2. Tacky Christmas jumpers

I loved it when bright, wacky Christmas jumpers came "into fashion" a few years ago. Before that it was only something you wore on Christmas Day in the comfort of your own home, but now it's something that so many of us wear throughout December (and in public too!) I have recently bought myself a new Christmas jumper which you can buy here.

3. The music and the movies

Being able to put on the Michael Buble Christmas album is one of my favourite things about Christmastime. It's the ultimate Christmas album and I could honestly listen to it on repeat for hours. However, it's not just the music that makes this season better. I also love putting on a Christmas film. If you want to know which films are my favourite then you can check out my previous Blogmas post here.

4. The eggnog latte is back

My favourite seasonal drink is the eggnog latte from Starbucks and I make it my mission to have at least one a week as soon as they become available. I've already had at least six, plus a couple of iced eggnog lattes too, and I'm sure I'll have a few more before the end of the year. I've got to make the most of it while they're still in stores.

5. The magical atmosphere

Some people find Christmas very hectic, but others enjoy the jolly atmosphere as people get into the Christmas spirit. I definitely come under the latter, thoroughly enjoying the build-up to the big day. I love that most people are feeling happy and are more bubbly, with the music playing and getting excited to share gifts with their favourite people.


-----------


What do you love most about Christmas?



1 comment