Bake with Me: Mini Egg Rolls


 I've been getting back into baking this past month, spending some of my weekends making some old favourites as well as trying out some new recipes.

Yesterday, I had a go at a new recipe and was so happy with how it turned out that I had to share it...

This recipe is from Jane's Patisserie (along with almost every other baking recipe I've used in the last few years). 

I used her Sticky Chocolate Sweet Rolls recipe but made a couple of changes, as I wanted to incorporate Mini Eggs into the mix. She has a Mini Egg Rolls recipe too, but I decided to use the first recipe. The second recipe needed more Mini Eggs (200g) and I only had one bag (80g), plus it had cocoa in the filling but I wanted them to have just the sticky, sugary filling instead.

So, I followed the sticky chocolate sweet rolls recipe but added in the bag on crushed Mini Eggs. I didn't substitute any chocolate - I just added more. It just says "200g chocolate chips" but this was my version:
  • 100g milk chocolate chips
  • 100g white chocolate chips
  • 80g crush Mini Eggs (I beat them with a rolling pin - they were harder to break than I thought they'd be!)

The dough was really easy to make and, even though it's a waiting game, I liked seeing the results after letting it prove. Especially the second time, after I'd cut them into individual rolls (above).


Overall, I was very happy with these and I will definitely be making them - or a variation other them - again. There are many different versions on Jane's website. I'm thinking maybe Oreo or cinnamon next. Also, the garlic versions look amazing! Ooh, and the Marmite ones... I feel like I'm going to end up making them all at some point!

No comments