I'm Back... Again! | Life Update & Blogging Return


 
Hi... it's me!

As you may - or may not - have noticed, I haven't been around much. My last post was back in October about books to read around Halloween. The truth is I have been so busy with my personal and professional life recently that the blog had to take a back seat. I found myself sitting at my laptop and forcing myself to write posts that I wasn't happy with and didn't enjoy. Taking the fun out of something I have loved doing for years made me realise that I needed to take a step back and re-evaluate why I chose to write blog posts and what I wanted them to be about.

 So I took a break and, to be honest, it was a well-deserved break. I'd started a new job, I was working on my apartment and things came up in my personal life that I didn't want to only give part of my attention to, so something had to give.

Now that I feel that I have a bit of free time and have some ideas about what I would like to blog about, I'm ready to start writing again. Plus, having a new desktop computer has really made me want to get blogging. I don't know what it is, but there's something special about typing on a proper keyboard on a big computer. It's certainly a million times better than my old, slow laptop!

I have some ideas for upcoming blog posts. Some will be similar to before with book-related content, including reviews, and other posts will be more personal and almost act as a diary for me to look back on.

I want to get more personal. I want to share experiences that I've had and be more open about issues I've dealt with over the past few years. Some things in my personal life will always remain personal, especially where other people are involved, but I think it will be good for my mental health - and possibly other people's mental health too - when it comes to sharing some things that I have been through. You never know who might read it and who it could help... and if it doesn't help anyone, then I've still done it for myself.

I finally feel ready to share my stories, including my unhealthy weight loss from a few years back and living with an auto-immune disease. It has been a wild ride and, who knows, maybe some of it will be relatable.

I cannot commit to a time frame of how often I will post as I want to keep the enjoyment of writing, plus I have a full-time job (which I love!) and a life to lead as well as write about.

I hope you will stick with me, both old readers and new. As I logged into my account yesterday, I realised I've had over a quarter of a million hits on my blog since it started and despite my 5-month break, almost 50,000 people have still visited the blog. That support means the world and it's one of the reasons why I will continue to write.

So, please bear with me while I get this blog back up and running. I truly cannot wait to get going again!

No comments