Book Review: The Secret Mountain by Kaja Kajfez


I am so excited to be bringing you this book review today because I can honestly say that this is one of (if not, the most) beautiful picture book I have ever seen!

This fantastic book is part of a collaborative series, following The Secret Forest and The Secret Jungle


Across the world's highest peaks, an awe-inspiring day unfolds. Animals are foraging, flying and finding their way. Can you find each hidden creature as their days begin and end?

The Secret Mountain is a year-round joy for lovers of the natural world.


The book is written and illustrated by Kaja Kajfez and I have to give a special mention to the incredible illustrations within this picture book. Each double page spread has so much to look at. It is one of those books where you can always find something new each time you look. There is so much detail and so much to appreciate.

You can tell just from the eye-catching, colourful cover and its gold detailing that it is a stunningly designed picture book for everyone to enjoy. From the pink Himalayan Mountains as the sun rises on the first page, to the beautiful aurora borealis on the last page, it truly is a treasure for the eyes. I've also decided that I want the end-paper design as wallpaper!

This book also has a non-fiction, fact file element at the end with information on the various animals included in the book. This is a lovely addition to the book for those who want to learn more about those animals.

Thank you to Scholastic for sending my a copy of this book in exchange for a review. All opinions are my own and I am always honest when responding to a book. You can buy The Secret Mountain here.


Please do share if you know of any picture books similar to this one and the others in the series, as I'll be ordering them soon!


No comments