Trying American Halloween Treats


Hey guys! Happy Halloween! So about two weeks ago I placed an order with A Taste of the States. If you haven't heard of this company, they are amazing and they have so many different American sweets and treats that you cannot buy in stores in the UK. There is the odd American store that sells some of this stuff, but unless you want to pay £10 for Pop Tarts or £15 for a box of cereal then I suggest looking on their website (which I've linked above).

I ordered five items, all from their autumn and Halloween range. It arrived quickly and I was very excited to try it all!

Here are the five things that I ordered...




  • White Pumpkin Pie M&Ms
  • Zachary Mellowcreme Pumpkins
  • Zachary Mellowcreme Candy corn
  • Brach's Mallowcreme Autumn Mix
  • Peeps Marshmallow Monsters


Here are my thoughts on each of these American sweet treats:


White Pumpkin Pie M&Ms: These were amazing. I love that the US has so many variations of M&Ms and I tried a couple of different ones whilst I was in New York, but these are probably my favourite flavour. It's sad that you can't get them in the UK, and that they don't do them year-round in the US, but I'm glad I got to try them.
Score: 5/5


Peeps Marshmallow Monsters: These were a lot greener than I expected them to be when they arrived. They were almost glow in the dark, radioactive green. I thought these might've looked cute on halloween cupcakes, but they were a lot bigger than I thought they'd be too. Overall, it was OK. I could have easily eaten all three in the pack but I controlled myself. They were also a lot nicer than expected. Basically, these marshmallows smashed my expectations and now I want to try other versions of Peeps, especially any Christmas or Easter ones!
Score: 5/5


Zachary Mellowcreme Pumpkins: I saw these online and just had to buy them! I love everything pumpkin (as you will probably already know) so I was desperate to try these. I thought they would be chewy, but they were actually kind of crumbly. The flavour was nice but they were also very sickly sweet, so I wouldn't be able to eat many in one go. Still, I liked them and they will look lovely in one of my autumn bowls.
Score: 4/5 


Zachary Mellowcreme Candy Corn: This was the item that I was most excited for. I have been wanting to try candy corn for years! I just love how it looks so I wanted to taste some. This bag is huge so it's going to take me a long time to eat them all, because they are similar to the pumpkins (above) in the way that they are very sickly sweet. You don't need many at all. I want to decorate some cupcakes with these. I've missed my chance to decorate with them for Halloween but maybe I can make some for Thanksgiving.
Score: 4/5


Brach's Mellowcreme Autumn Mix: This bag is basically a combination of the pumpkins and candy corn above, mixed together with one other type of candy corn-shaped sweet. I don't know if the orange and brown one has a name but this is the first time I've seen this sweet. These taste the same as the Zachary sweets, but I bought these with the plan to make an autumn trail mix with them. If I succeed with that I'll probably have them out as something to snack on, maybe on Thanksgiving.
Score: 4/5

So those were all of the sweets that I ordered online. I definitely recommend checking out their website and looking through some of the amazing things they have available, from different Hershey's bars to drinks that we don't have here in the UK. They also often have discount codes available to save you some money, so look out for those!

No comments