Sundown, Sports & the Sea | Month In Review: September 2018


September has been a manic month. I've had a lot going on, including going back to work after the summer break. So, let me share what I've been up to...

On September 1st I attended Sundown Festival in Norwich. We had mainly booked tickets to go and see Shawn Mendes, who was the Saturday headline artist, but there were some other brilliant performances. Shawn Mendes was obviously the one I was most excited to see, but I was also looking forward to seeing HRVY and Zara Larsson. All three of them were amazing and we had a fantastic time. Shawn was the highlight for me, singing so many of my favourite songs. I can't wait to see him on tour in April. Check out some of my photos below...


The following weekend I headed into London for the NFL Kickoff event. I'll be at one of the NFL games at Wembley in October so I really wanted to be at the launch event. The atmosphere was incredible and there was so much going on. Free NFL tattoos were being given out at the entrance, so I got the two teams that I'll be watching live on my hands. There were stands and stages up the whole street, with food and games and giveaways. It was such a great day and now I can't wait for the game at Wembley.


Also, Clay surprised me with a gift a couple of weeks ago: A Chargers jersey for the game. He also bought himself a Titans jersey too, so we have both teams covered. Now to see who wins...


September was also the month that the Pumpkin Spice Latte returned to Starbucks here in the UK. I have had several PSLs this month but I've had even more Pumpkin Spice Frappuccinos. They are amazing, and if you're not a fan of coffee then you can just ask for a cream-blend instead.


I also spent a lot of time outdoors this month due to a trip I went on, spending some time at the coast and in a beautiful woodland area. This trip was an incredible experience and I definitely want to go back to this area soon. I'm also looking forward to getting outside more in my local area and going on long walks.


I've also been doing some prep work for NaNoWriMo as I've had a new idea that I am really excited about. I originally planned to edit my novel from last year but now I am being pulled towards this new story that I can't help but write it. I can't wait to share more of it with you!

It was also time to bring out the autumnal decorations this month, which includes a lot of mugs, bowls and pumpkins. There will be an autumn decor blog post coming soon to show you everything in more detail.


Finally, this past weekend, I went to the first open day of my local pumpkin patch. This is the pumpkin patch that I have been going to for the last few years and I love it! I picked up a selection of pumpkins and some creepy corn for display, which will feature in my autumn decor blog post too. If you're near, check out Foxes Farm Produce.



Finally, I haven't had much time to watch TV but I have been watching The Bodyguard, which is really good, and I'm also loving the new series of Strictly Come Dancing. I'm a huge fan of some of the professional dancers, especially AJ and, of course, Anton Du Beke, but in terms of celebrities I am definitely cheering on Joe Sugg. He's doing amazingly well already and I can't wait to see what he does next!

Here are the books I read in September:
She Is Fierce 
Mary and Frankenstein 
Life's a Beach (A Bookshop Girl novel) 
More Happy Than Not 
Orphan Monster Spy 
One Enchanted Evening 

I didn't have the time to read as many books this month as I had a lot on, including going back to work and a week away. I'll try to do better in October, especially as I won't be reading as much in November because of NaNoWriMo.


And the films I saw at the cinema:
The House With A Clock In Its Walls ★


Again, I had no time to go to the cinema either, except for this one Friday night.

Now, let's see what October has in store... It's sure to be another busy month!


No comments