Summer Reading Challenge: Week Four


It's week four of the Summer Reading Challenge and it's not long now until the Rays of Sunshine 24 hour readathon!

On the topic of the readathon, I've spoken to a few bloggers and friends that are not able to do Saturday 18th August and that's fine. You can work it into your week however you like, doing it on a weekday if that is better for you. I just went with a majority after speaking to some people who were interested in being involved.

Anyway, here is the book I will be reading this week before the readathon and a recommendation for you to add to your TBR list...


Leah on the Off Beat by Becky Albertalli
I only read Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda earlier this year, right before the film was released, and I was excited when I heard that this follow-up book was coming out, focusing on Leah. Leah was a character that I wanted to know more about from reading Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda so I have very high expectations for this one. I've heard some mixed reviews but I'll decide to myself when I read it this week.


The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven
I absolutely adored this book when I first read it. I was very kindly sent a digital review copy by the publishers and as soon as it was released in stores I had to pick up my own paperback copy. The cover is incredible, the storyline is so prominent and I really loved the writing style. This book does deal with some adult themes, so if you're a younger reader then please be aware of this and check with someone before picking it up. I also did a video review for this book, which you can watch here.


Have you read either of these books?

What are you currently reading?

No comments