Jump Street Media Event


Earlier this month, my friend and blogger Jess Hursit and I attended an event at Jump Street Chelmsford. We were invited to try out some of the activities they have on offer...




The first area Jess and I headed to, after slipping on our compulsory non-slip Jump Street socks, was Kendrick's Kingdom. Anyone who knows Jump Street is probably thinking "Isn't that the play area for kids?", and yes, yes it is. However, it was explained to us that this soft play area has the potential to be a great activity for adults too. It could even possibly be hired out in the future for parties for adults. After exploring the space and having a lot of fun doing so, both me and Jess agreed that this would be a fantastic venue for parties. We could have easily stayed in there for hours. 

We had a go on the canons - pictured below - that fire foam balls. You can aim for targets and earn points or, what we ended up doing, firing them at each other. Jess had pretty good aim, hitting me right in the chest from close range. Serves me right for trusting her with a canon! We also found a button on the wall that switched on a vacuum tube, leading up above the play area. You then collect up the foam balls to go up the tube and wait for the avalanche of balls from above you. It was great to be a big kid again!


Next we headed over the the Clip'n Climb.

We got fitted into our harnesses, watched the safety instruction video and headed over to have a go ourselves. There is a huge variety of walls to climb in this area, as well as three really unique - and pretty terrifying - challenge climbs. I only had a go at one of them (which you can see Jess trying out in the picture below), but where as Jess got up to the seventh post, I only made it to the third before jumping down!


There was one challenge that neither of us was prepared to have a go at, which was the Leap of Faith. It involves climbing up to a high platform and then jumping through the air to try and grab onto an inflatable punch bag. I'm sure it would have been an amazing feeling to have a go, but I just wasn't in the frame of mind to leap through the air that day. If anyone has done it, let me know what it was like!

Then the third challenge was the vertical drop slide, which I also didn't have a go at. But Jess did. It meant that Jess got to put on this red jumpsuit - which she was kind of obsessed with - and was then hoisted up the slide, before letting go and coming back down the 8-metre high slide. She did very well!


I did have a go on a few of the climbing walls. I have a really vivid memory of a wall-climbing incident back when I was in school. We did a residential trip and one of the day activities was wall climbing. We were paired up and had to race to the top to hit the buzzer. I actually reached the top first (It's fine if you're surprised by this, I was too!) and my teacher described my climb as "something Spider-Man would do", but when I got to the top, hit the buzzer and looked down, I freaked out. It took a lot of talking and a lot of calming down to get me down from the top! This wall at Jump Street was the first wall I've climbed since then!

I didn't make it to the top of this particular wall (pictured below) but I went all the way to to top of the one I did after this. I was pretty proud of myself. Also, how aesthetically-pleasing is this pixel wall? I love it!


After a brief water and pizza break (Jump Street know how to keep me happy), we headed over to the trampolines to have some jump time. Jess was straight on there, as you can tell from the photo below, and we had a great time. The music was awesome, the space in general was amazing and despite bouncing around for a good half an hour, it only felt like five minutes because we were just enjoying ourselves, having a chat and jumping.



We were then given a chance to try out Toxic Wipeout. This is exactly what it sounds like! Jumping over the rotating arms, trying not to be wiped out by them as they spin. Luckily we managed to go a few rotations without either of us getting hit. Being opposite each other meant that if one of us got hit or stopped it then we both got wiped out. We managed to get this great midair photo (below) before we then both got knocked over and lost our rhythm.


Overall, Jump Street is a fantastic venue. We were there for a good two hours and there was still so much more to do, including Slam Dunk, Dodgeball, The Bag, and The Wall, which was demonstrated for us by a member of staff and it looked amazing.

They also offer classes and different events for all age groups, so it's worth checking out the activities on their website to see what's on offer.

A massive thank you to the people at Jump Street for being so welcoming and lovely. The staff were so friendly and chatty, it was like hanging out with friends. They really are a credit to Jump Street. Also, a huge thank you to Katie who looked after us, took photos and made the experience even more special.

Jess and I will definitely be back at Jump Street soon!


(Yes, the cringey, High School Musical style jump was basically a must!)

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete