Film Review: Christopher Robin


Hi guys! I've been pretty rubbish with writing film reviews recently, mainly because I haven't actually been going to the cinema as often as I normally would. Or as much as I would like to. I actually went to see Christopher Robin over a week ago but I just haven't had the chance to sit down and write this review.

I was so excited to see this film. I cried when I saw the first trailer for it because it took me right back to my childhood and my memories of Winnie the Pooh. I had classic Winnie the Pooh books when I was a child and I just loved everything about the animals and the Hundred Acre Wood.

So, read on for my movie review...



I have to start by talking about the appearance of the animal characters in the film. I adored the classic look that they had. Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, and Kanga and Roo were perfect. The only problem I had was that I wasn't a huge fan of Piglet's voice, but that is just a matter of opinion because it's not how I imagined it. However, it didn't spoil the film at all for me. They are all incredible and I smiled from the first moment I saw them.

A special mention to Winnie the Pooh, who reached beyond every expectation that I had for him. He expressed his love of honey with his iconic little exercise rhyme and some of this lines had me laughing so hard. He was just so adorable.

We also have other cast members, that are not stuffed animals, who were also brilliant. I liked Ewan McGregor and Hayley Atwell, they are always great, and I thought Bronte Carmichael was fantastic. I'm also a huge fan of Mark Gatiss so it was lovely to see him feature too.

The storyline was pretty simple, yet worked really well with a grown-up Christopher Robin. It really made me think about how we live our lives and often lose a lot of our childhood sparkle as we go into adulthood. Yes, you need to grow and mature in life but it's such a shame that the fun side is so often lost for many. It made me tear up on a few occasions, just thinking about how things are so serious sometimes and we forget to enjoy ourselves and use our imagination. 


I would rate this film:


Overall, I thought it was a very nostalgic film that made me smile and made me cry. It was just incredibly enjoyable and I left with a whole new perspective on what was truly important. I highly recommend it to everyone, especially those who grew up with the tales and adventures of Winnie the Pooh as part of their childhood.


No comments