Film Review: Ant-Man and the Wasp


It's time for another Marvel film at the cinema, so you can bet that I was there on opening night!

I've been so busy lately that I almost forgot about this new MCU movie being released, but luckily I managed to book up some tickets in plenty of time and get my usual (favourite) cinema seat.

So, here's my review of the latest Marvel instalment...

First of all, it was fantastic to see this cast again. They were noticeably absent from Avengers: Infinity War, after we last saw Ant-Man fighting alongside Captain America in Civil War before being arrested.

This film catches up with our male hero after the events of Civil War but before all the action of Infinity War, so it fits perfectly in the space between those two films. I have loved Paul Rudd as an actor since his days in the TV show, Friends, so I did miss him in the last Avengers film but it's nice to see him get another movie of his own.

Although, he's not on his own really, as you can tell by the title. We see Ant-Man team up with the Wasp and I loved it. It was so great to see Evangeline Lilly back again too but this time with a more prominent, strong role. I definitely agree with 'the Wasp' being added to the title of this movie because she is such a vital character and deserves the recognition.

There were also some great new additions to the cast. Marvel always come through with their choices of actors and actresses.


The action scenes were fantastic and also very comical in places, as I expected them to be. I've gotten to that point now where I assume there will be comedy scenes thrown into Marvel movies now and this one was definitely no exception.

The storyline was interesting and I also think that this was the first Marvel film that I went to see without knowing very much about the plot. Usually I know pretty much everything that the film is covering and I know what I'm about to watch, but I had no idea for this one and I really liked not knowing for a change. However, I can't see that happening again. I like Marvel too much to stay out of the loop with what is coming.

Another tip - if you don't know already - there is normally a little scene at the end of the credits, and often one mid-credits scene too. This film has both and you need to stay for the mid-credit scene, but the end scene isn't vital, but still worth a watch if you're a true Marvel fan.

I would rate this film as:


I will always adore a Marvel film, as you will know, and although I would still give this five stars I would say it is probably at the lower end of the five-star Marvel movies. It's good fun, fits in nicely to the MCU timeline and has that usual Marvel flare that I love.

If you're a Marvel fan like me then I would love to hear what you think of this latest film.

1 comment