GUEST POST: Summer Reading Recommendation by Kelly (Kelly's Book Space)


It's time for another guest post as part of my Summer Reading Challenge.

Today, Kelly is sharing the book she wants to recommend to you this summer...



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



The book I have chosen for my recommended summertime read is Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I have chosen this book because it is filled with hope and optimism and after I read it I felt like I had been given a new lease of life and was ready to face the world. A perfect time to experience this feeling is summer, with the sun shining and everyone seeming so much happier. 


me-before-you-666x1024


The book is about Louisa, a colourful and optimistic character, and Will, a quadriplegic who has given up on life. Louisa and Will meet when Louisa is employed by Will’s mother, Camilla, to be his carer/companion in an attempt to lift his spirits.

Louisa overhears a conversation between Camilla and Will’s sister about his attempted suicide and how Camilla agreed to honour his wish of assisted suicide as long as he agreed to live for six months in an attempt to convince him life was worth living.

Louisa makes a plan to try to convince Will that his life is worth living. Taking him out and experiencing things not only helps Louisa to learn more about Will, but he also discovers how limited a life Louisa has lived, the opposite to him up until his accident and tries to open her eyes to possibilities and ambitions.


This was the first book in a trilogy, After Me and Still Me are the other books, which I would also recommend. 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you so much to Kelly for sharing a summer read recommendation!


I read Me Before You a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed it (as emotional as it was!), but I'm yet to read the other two books. I'll definitely be picking up the next one soon.


Please make sure to check out Kelly's new blog, Kelly's Book Space.


No comments