New Year's Book Tag


Hey guys! I'm back! Sorry that I've been so absent from the blog lately (minus the film reviews), I was so busy with NaNoWriMo in November and then with it coming up to Christmas I had didn't have enough time to plan and write any decent blog posts.

However, I'm scheduling my time out better now, ready for the new year so hopefully you should be seeing more posts on here, especially book related ones.

Today I saw someone post a video for the New Year's Book Tag and I was disappointed that I wouldn't have the time to film the video. Then I had a lightbulb moment (rare, I know!) and decided to write my answers as a blog post instead.

So, here are my responses to the New Year's Book Tag:

How many books are you planning to read in 2018?
I recently uploaded a video to my YouTube channel explaining my twelve reading resolutions for 2018 and resolution number one is about how many books I want to read. I've added the video below so you can see how many I'm aiming for. Plus, you can see the other eleven targets I've set myself:




Name 5 books that you didn't get to this year but want to make a priority in 2018.
1. Caraval by Stephanie Garber
2. Turtles All The Way Down by John Green
3. Lucky In Love by Kasie West
4. #Famous by Jilly Gagnon
5. An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson

What genre do you want to read more of?

Definitely fantasy. I only started reading YA fantasy books in 2017 and I've fallen in love with them, especially anything by Sarah J Maas. I did a full review of the A Court of Thorns and Roses series because I loved them so much. If you have any YA fantasy recommendations then please send them my way.

Name 3 non book related goals for 2018.

1. I know everyone says this but... To get back into working out and eating the right food for a healthier lifestyle.
2. To start writing more - starting with editing my novel from NaNoWriMo.
3. To stop biting my nails - it's gross!

What's a book you've had forever that you still need to read?

Watership Down by Richard Adams. My mum bought it for me about two years ago and I'm yet to pick it up. It's near the top of my list!

One word that your hoping 2018 will be.

Exciting.

Tag a friend!

I'm not tagging anyone in particular, it's open to anyone who wants to take part in this tag. I will link the original New Year's Book Tag (or where I found it anyway) here.

Happy New Year to you all and I'll see you in 2018!

No comments