Film Review: Justice League


Another superhero film is finally here. No, it isn't a Marvel movie but it's as good as we're going to get until Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War are released next year. I liked Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, so I knew I needed to see this as soon as possible.

Read on for an honest review of Justice League, without spoilers...



Let's address the cast first. There are lots of returning favourites in this film, including my ultimate favourite: Wonder Woman. Gal Gadot is back doing an amazing job as the Amazonian warrior. We also get Batman (obviously), who is the main reason these superheroes start to come together.

We get new characters too, like The Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman. I was impressed with all of the new characters and I look forward to seeing what is next for them.

Unfortunately, talking about a good cast is where the majority of my positive comments will stop. I'm not saying that I disliked this film because there were still some brilliant parts, but I need to share what I truly thought.

If I'm honest, I wasn't invested in the plot of the film. I was bored near the beginning, where we were just seeing very short clips of everyone separately and it didn't seem to be moving anywhere. 

Also, I need to address the very first scene, which is a flashback to Superman with some kids filming him on their phone and asking him questions. The CGI job on his face is pretty poor. The story is that they needed to do some reshoots with Henry Cavill and he had grown a mustache for another role that he was not allowed to shave off, so they had to digitally remove it afterwards. I knew about this before seeing the film so I was sort of looking out for it, but my husband leant across and asked me "What's wrong with Superman's face?" So it wasn't just me who noticed it!

There were still some good parts in this film, mainly towards the end but it really was not anything special. I wish I could tell you otherwise and be typing the words "I loved this... Another great superhero movie... You have to see this", but I can't do that. Sorry, DC!


I would mark this film as: 


I never expected to be giving this such a low star rating. I just really don't know where to place this film. I feel like it was a bit rushed, there wasn't anything spectacular in it, the storyline was basic and I feel like I've seen it before too.

I don't want to hate on it because that's not what my reviews are about and usually I go into a superhero film - whether it's DC or Marvel - knowing that I'm going to love it. I didn't have that feeling this time around and I felt that this just wasn't as good as it could have been.

That being said, I like the team it brought together. Aquaman is a very promising character, I'd like to see more of him. The Flash is also an interesting one and he was definitely my favourite new addition. I still think that Wonder Woman is the best character in the film and I just love watching her scenes. She's just the best. As for Batman, I am still not clicking with this character. I don't know that it has anything to do with Ben Affleck, I can't really explain it, but I'm just not interested.

If you've seen the other films then I would still recommend this because it ties in to them and I'm guessing you'll need to have seen this when more films are released, but I wouldn't be in any mad rush to get to it.

If you see it then do let me know what you thought. You can comment below or find me on Twitter and Instagram.


No comments