Tower of Dawn Release Dinner Party


Tower of Dawn is finally here! Chaol Westfall has been one of my favourite characters from the beginning of the series, so I've been dying to know what he's been up to in this companion novel.

Along with the release of the book, Bloomsbury have produced a party pack. I was so excited to be a part of the release and cook some of the food on the recipes page and have a little Tower of Dawn dinner party.

So, here's what I cooked and everything else that I got up to...


First, I made a jug of virgin sangria. This was to "replicate the rich drinks the khagan serves". This was kind of made up as I went along, but the jug was empty by the end of the meal so that was good. It's made up of 3 cups blueberry juice (you can use grape juice if you'd rather), 2 cups orange juice, 2 cups apple juice, the juice of half a lemon and 2 cups sparkling water (or you could swap the lemon and water for lemonade to make it quicker).


The recipe guide also lists herbed rice of various colours, so I made up two different rice dishes. The first one I made (pictured below, right) was a vegetable rice with cumin, red pepper and peas. The other one (pictured below, left) was a paprika and chilli rice with kale (for Chaol, get it?! I thought it was funny anyway...)


The menu also included flatbreads, which are "a staple at the feasts of the khagan". It said that they should be coated in butter and garlic, but I added some rosemary for extra flavour (I should point out that this was store-bought bread. I can make bread and enjoy doing so, but it was my first day back at work after six weeks off and I didn't have time to make it from scratch).


I served all of the above items with some protein of some kind. I had lightly-dusted black pepper haddock. There was also the option of chicken.


For dessert, we had homemade almond cakes. It says in the party pack that these are one of Nesryn's favourites. They were lovely and went very quickly. These cakes were served with peppermint tea, which is what "Yrene recommends Chaol drinks".

The recipe list also had honey and pistachio pastries, but my husband is allergic to pistachios so I didn't make them at all.


The party pack wasn't just recipes though, there was a lot of other cool stuff too. I loved the door hanger. I printed it out and got a piece of card to stick them to (to make it stronger).


The party pack also had a colouring page from the Throne of Glass colouring book, so I had to print it out!


This has nothing to do with the party pack, but I've also received this lovely little pencil case/pouch that goes along with the book. I love it, thanks Bloomsbury! (Note: This is one pouch, not two - it's just different on each side)


You can still download the party pack here and don't forget to buy the book! And, if for some odd reason, you have yet to read any books by Sarah J Maas, whether it's the Throne of Glass series or A Court of Thorns and Roses series, what are you waiting for? Get reading!


5 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete