Happy Book Lovers Day


Happy Book Lovers Day! I didn't know this was a thing but I'm very glad that it is. I wanted to share this post today with a few photos of some of my favourite books.

Here is my favourite bookshelf:


I love this Disney edition of Cinderella. It's a beautiful book and the illustrations are so lovely. Then I have these four Puffin In Bloom collection books. These classics - Heidi, Anne of Green Gables, A Little Princess and Little Women - have some of the prettiest covers and spines I have ever seen.

My favourite author:



Cecelia Ahern is just one of my favourite authors but I own every one of her novels, including her YA duology. I just love her writing and there is something very pleasing about seeing all of these books next to each other on my bookcase.

Here is my favourite book series:


Are you surprised? If you know me at all, since I first picked up A Court of Thorns and Roses earlier this year I devoured it, followed immediately by A Court of Mist and Fury. I then waited (not so patiently) for A Court of Wings and Ruin. This series by Sarah J Maas is addictive and I've actually started the series again. I read the first book again in a couple of days and have already started book two.

The bag is from Society 6 and the artwork is by the incredible Charlie Bowater. You can buy it here and even though it's an American website you can still order from the UK. I actually ordered mine when they were offering 30% off and free worldwide shipping!

I also have the colouring book and I've been working my way through it, colouring it in the order of the story rather than picking and choosing pages. Some of the artwork in this colouring book is done by Charlie Bowater, who did the art for the bag in the photo above. Her drawings are my favourite in the book (I haven't had the chance to colour any of her artwork yet).

You can see two of the pages I've already coloured below:


Above, is the Spring Court. I wasn't looking forward to colouring this because I knew there would be a lot of green but I actually really enjoyed this page. It's so satisfying to see it finished too.

Below, is Tamlin, the golden-haired High Lord of the Spring Court, and Lucien, the red-headed emissary with a golden eye. Lucien is one of my favourite characters so I loved colouring him.


Below is my book-themed tea. This is by Bookish Teas and I picked the 'Shadowsinger' tea, mainly because Azriel, the Shadowsinger of the Night Court, is my favourite character, but also because the flavour sounded amazing. You can buy this tea and many others here.


Here are a few of my other favourite books:


I could have included almost every book I own and told you why I loved them but I chose to go with four of my favourite books from the WHSmith Zoella Book Club reading lists. All The Bright Places and Everything, Everything were in the first round of the book club, The One we Fell in Love With was from the second round and The Start of Me and You is in the current Zoella & Friends Book Club. You can buy the current book club bundle here.

No comments