Film Review: The Dark Tower


Last night I went back to the cinema for a second time in a day, after watching Everything, Everything in the afternoon. This time to watch The Dark Tower with my Dad after letting him choose the film.

I've been looking forward to this film since the first time I saw the trailer. I'm a fan of Idris Elba so I knew I wanted to see it, but also that it's based on the books by Stephen King, who is a brilliant writer, so I went in with high hopes.

Here is what I thought of the adaptation...

 

The storyline is well explained as you go through the film and it is exactly how I imagined it would be. It had me hooked in from the moment it started and left me wanting more when it was finished. The action scenes were great to watch. Idris Elba, who plays Roland the Gunslinger, was brilliant during those scenes.

Every actor did a really good job in the film. Matthew McConaughey was brilliant as the villain and I loved the interactions between him and Idris Elba. Tom Taylor, who played Jake Chambers (pictured below) was a brilliant casting choice. He is so good and despite not being in a major film before. I look forward to seeing what else is to come for him.


I'd rate this film:


I loved this. I thought I'd like it but not as much as I actually did. I was drawn in straight away and I wasn't bored once and was never waiting for something to happen because it was all so well-timed. Also, it was only just over ninety minutes but it was the perfect length. It didn't feel rushed at all.

If you see this film I'd love to hear what you think of it.

No comments