My Monthly Favourites: June & July 2017


I've been so busy over the last couple of months that I didn't get the chance to post my monthly favourites for June, so I decided to join it together with my July favourites.

Here are some of my favourites for the months of June and July...


I love the scent of this Radox body wash. It kind of reminds me of Christmas (which is not what you want in July) but I really like apple-scented things so I'm sticking with it. It's very fresh but still quite a sweet smelling. Buy it here.


This tanning gel is so good for a quick tan. It's a clear gel that is easy to spread evenly across the skin and gives a deep tan after the waiting time. I tend to put it on before bed and sleep with it on. You don't need to wash it off the next day but I tend to jump in the shower in the morning to get rid of the tan smell. Just made sure you let it completely dry before getting dressed or going to bed because if it's slightly tacky it will come off and leave a white patch. Buy it here.


This is a bit of a shameless plug, but I've been really happy with how my YouTube channel has been going. I had a couple of weeks off from posting a video in the last couple of months because of how busy I've been but I've still been happy with the content that I'm posting and how things are going. You can see my latest videos on my channel here.


I was so grateful to be sent this amazing parcel from WHSmith, containing all eight books from the latest round of the Zoella Book Club. This time around it's the Zoella & Friends Book Club, with some brilliant authors choosing books along with Zoe to complete the collection of eight. I've already made a start and there will be videos and blog posts to come. See my unboxing video here.


I'm in love with these new bookshelves. My husband put them up in July. We'd been talking about putting shelves there for a while and I'm so happy with how they look. It took me a while to decide which books I'd put on them but I've finally got them arranged (for now!). The one on the left is currently a "TBR shelf" (To Be Read) and the right shelf is for my pretty classics, including my favourite edition of Cinderella and my Puffin in Bloom collection. The shelves are from Ikea if anyone is interested.


I love this adorable little Chip mug from Primark. This mug was released months ago but they were so hard to get hold of but a couple of weeks ago I went to my local Primark store and there they were - just sitting in a stand. I grabbed this mug so fast! Plus, it's only £5 and the one in the Disney store is around £15. What a difference! I personally like the look of the Primark one better. Now I just need a Mrs Potts teapot to go with it. If you see one of these mugs in store, grab it. They won't be around for long.


I have been doing a lot of colouring in the (small about of) spare time I've had. Now it's the summer holidays I wa hoping to do a lot of reading and colouring outside but with the typical British summer weather I haven't had the chance yet. So I've been colouring inside, with various colouring books, but in the last couple of weeks my favourite has been this one based on The Selection series. I loved the books by Kiera Cass and when I realised they did a colouring book I had to get it. You can buy it here.


I haven't really been listening to anything new this month. It's been lots of Shawn Mendes, lots of musical soundtracks and a lot of Alfie Boe... so the usual for me really! But one song I have had on repeat is 'Legends' by Kelsea Ballerini. It's just a great song!


I picked up this planner last week from Home Sense. My mum actually spotted it on the shelf but I had been wanting a good diary or planner for the coming school year. I haven't had to buy a diary for the past couple of years because I have been given them as gifts at the end of the previous school year. This one has a good monthly overview calendar and then a weekly planner spread with lots of room to write in. It's also a long-term planner because it starts in August 2017 and runs through to next December (2018). I can't wait to start using it properly.


My final favourite is more something I'm looking forward to than something I've liked so far and that is the summer holidays. I'm not usually a summertime person, I prefer autumn, but this year I'm actually looking forward to some sunshine and getting outdoors. Unfortunately the weather so far in July hasn't involved much sunshine (it's rained almost every day of the holiday so far) but I'm hoping that August will be better. However, I'm still enjoying the break and getting to relax a bit more after those busier months.


No comments