Film Review: War For The Planet Of The Apes


I'm a little bit behind on seeing films at the moment. The last couple of months have been so busy and I just haven't had the chance to get to the cinema as much as I'd like. However, I got there earlier this week to see a late night showing of War For The Planet Of The Apes. I really enjoyed the previous two films - especially the second one - so I had very high hopes for this one.

Here is my quick review of the final installment in the trilogy...


I liked how this film had a very brief recap to read on screen right at the beginning to remind everyone what had already happened, in case we'd forgotten anything. I also liked how it got straight into some action in the opening scenes.

There were some tense and sad moments near the beginning (no spoilers as to what was so tense) but those moments really spurred the film on and gave it a good plotline.

Andy Serkis has done an amazing job again with Caesar. I'm so glad that it was him doing these films because he is amazing and I can't think of anyone better to do this. This time we also got Woody Harrelson, but we didn't see as much of him as I thought we would. However, the scenes we do get with him are pretty powerful.

We also get a new character in this film who calls himself Bad Ape (see photo below). He is the best character I've come across in these films and I wish we could have more of him. He's just brilliant. Trust me, you'll love him!

I rated this film:


It was a brilliant movie, one that I would highly recommend. I didn't love it as much as the second film, that's definitely still my favourite of the three, but this is a great film.


What did you think of the film? Did you like it better than the previous two?

No comments