I'm Loving: Pumpkin Picking


Last year I spent hours and hours researching online to find any pumpkin patches nearby, where you can pick your own pumpkins rather than just grabbing them from your local supermarket. I never found one, but this year when I typed it into Google I found one right away. I was so excited!

We went over to the pumpkin patch at the weekend and I loved it.




Foxes Farm Produce have two pumpkin patch sites in Essex. Visit their website here to find out more about it. 




I loved the layout, with all of the haystacks and bales. It was the perfect place to go on a lovely, autumnal day.




There were so many pumpkins, and so many different varieties too. We spoke to a man who worked there, and he was very helpful, telling us about the different types of pumpkins, which were best for eating, and so on. You also get a little wheelbarrow to fill with pumpkins. 




It wasn't just pumpkins either, you could also pick your own corn. They had creepy corn, which is not for eating, but it looks great and would be amazing as part of a harvest/autumn/thanksgiving display, and you can also buy normal corn that you can eat.




I was obsessed with these tiny pumpkins and picked up a couple to go on display in my living room, to make it feel more like autumn. I wish I'd got more to make one really good display on my table, with some of the creepy corn too. I guess I'll just have to go back again!




They also had a maize maze, which we didn't have time to have a look at, but I did love the haystack bench in the middle of the patch!




I had the best time and I would highly recommend going and checking it out. If you're not in Essex, search online for any local pick your own farms. Even if you can't find a pumpkin patch near you, there are still other fruit and vegetables you can get, like the corn. Also, the one we went to was free entry, so even if you want to go and have a look around and not necessarily buy any pumpkins, it's still a great day out.



Happy autumn, everyone, or - as they say in the US - Happy fall, y'all!

P.S. This is my 200th blog post! Hooray!


No comments