Film Review: The Magnificent Seven


I know that this film is a remake but I've never seen the original, so I won't be able to compare the two of them. I just wanted to put that out there so that no one is expecting me to say what is similar or different.

When I first saw the trailer for this film, I knew it was one that I wanted to see right away. Unfortunately, we ended up being so busy on opening night and during the week that followed that, we didn't get the chance to see it until this past Friday night. Never mind, we still got to see it!


I don't want this review to be too long, because there is a lot I could say about it. I'll start by telling you that I loved it. I loved the cast, the set, the special effects - especially in the last big fight scene - and I loved the humour dotted throughout it.

Again, I don't know if the original has it's funny moments or whether it's completely different, but I really liked this. Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt and Vincent D'Onofrio were amazing, although my ultimate favourite was Chris Pratt as Josh Faraday. He has some great lines and the scene with him at the end with the dynamite was brilliant.

I would give this movie:


I really enjoyed watching this. It was non-stop action and it was easy to follow. I did panic a little when we sat down in this film, as it was the first in a long time where I didn't know that much about it and they storyline. I wondered if I would be able to follow it and understand the layers of this movie but actually it's pretty straight forward.

If you have seen the original I would say go and see this one and see how they compare, I'd love the hear what it's like. I now want to watch the old movie but I feel that as I'll be watching them the other way around (new and then old) that it might not be the same experience. I do like old films but I love new ones for the effects, techniques and quality.

 

No comments