My Top Ten: Marvel Movies


Everyone that knows me can tell you that I love Marvel. So, to celebrate the release of Captain America: Civil War on DVD and Blu-Ray, I thought I'd share with you my ten favourite Marvel movies.

Here they are, in reverse order:


10. Ant-Man: When I first heard about this I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but I then saw the trailer and knew I was going it like it... and I loved it! Paul Rudd was a great choice for Scott Lang. This movie was the right mix of action and humour. I reviewed the film here.

9. Iron Man: Robert Downey Jr is now a Marvel legend, with three stand-alone Iron Man films, two Avengers movies and a significant role in Captain America: Civil War. I love all of the Iron Man films, and this once is great because it's where it all started. It was the first Marvel film I ever saw.


8. Thor: This film combined two of my favourite people: Tom Hiddleston, who plays Loki, and Kenneth Branagh, who took on this project as director. I just thought the actors were brilliant and the storyline for this film was great to introduce these characters to the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe).


7. Thor: The Dark World: When they announced a second Thor film I was very excited, and even more so when I found out Loki was in it. This film had so many humorous moments and I loved seeing the original characters back again. I can't wait for the next Thor movie!


6. Captain America: The First Avenger: Although I'd seen the films that came before this one (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor) but this film is the one that made me fall in love with Marvel movies. Captain America quickly became my favourite superhero.


5. Avengers: Age of Ultron: I Loved the thought of having these Avengers films where all of them are put together, and I loved James Spader as Ultron in this. I also loved the introduction of Wanda and Pietro, and then Vision. There's so many great characters now. I reviewed the movie here.


4. Guardians of the Galaxy: This was another film that I didn't think I was going to like anywhere near as much as I did. I fell in love with Groot and Chris Pratt was a fantastic Star Lord. It was a great cast with an amazing soundtrack. I can't wait to see what the next installment entails.


3. Avengers Assemble: Now we're into top three territory, and third place goes to the first Avengers movie. I loved the reintroduction of Loki in this and I think the storyline was practically perfect with how it tied everyone in together. There were also so many funny moments, mostly involving the Hulk.


2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier: In second place it's the second Captain America movie, where I was over the moon to see Sebastian Stan return as Bucky/The Winter Soldier. I can remember my reaction to that reveal in the cinema, and I almost screamed! It's honestly such an incredible film.


1. Captain America: Civil War: Here it is, number one! This isn't just because it's new out or because this post is due to its release, but because it brought together so many favourites, divided them and - most importantly - it gave me more Bucky, who was part of the best scenes (the motorbike, the car with Falcon, the parts with him and Spiderman). I reviewed it here.

I'm also excited for upcoming films, such as Doctor Strange, Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Black Panther, plus the future Avengers films like Avengers: Infinity War

There's no Spiderman or X-Men films mentioned in my top ten, but that's not to say I don't like them. I love Wolverine's stand-alone films and the latest X-Men is great! This just goes to show how much I love Marvel Studios films and how many there are. It's just too difficult to choose. I honestly spent so long trying to decide which way around to put The Winter Soldier and Civil War, and I swapped them a couple of times. But right now, I'm so excited to watch Captain America: Civil War on Blu-Ray, so I'm off to do that now... on repeat!

(Just a quick note: If you're buying this film on Blu-Ray you have the choice of either a blue Captain America sleeve around it (here) or the red Ironman sleeve (here), so get choosing a side if you're getting it on Blu-Ray!)


1 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete