Film Review: Bridget Jones's Baby


It's finally here! This movie has been a long time coming and I'm so glad I had the time to go and see it opening weekend. The trailers have been hilarious and I was praying that this wasn't going to be one of those films when they show all of the best bits in those trailers and that there wouldn't be anything funny in the rest of the film. So, here's what I thought of the latest look into the world of Bridget Jones...



It was great to see the original cast back (minus Hugh Grant) as I'm a massive fan of Colin Firth. Renee Zellweger was obviously the star of the movie, being that her character's name is the title, and she was just as brilliant in this as she was in the past films.

The idea of the film is pretty straight-forward and self-explanatory: Bridget gets pregnant, she doesn't know if Mr Darcy is the father or the charming American Jack Qwant, played by Patrick Dempsey, who I really like. Again, I won't be giving away any of the plot and especially not who the father is, mainly because I would say that you have to go and see this for yourselves to fully appreciate how funny/charming/awkward/lovely this all is.

When seeing this film, you expect to laugh a lot and experience some very cringey, embarrassing moments, and this movie didn't disappoint! I hid behind my jacket a few times and laughed so hard that I cried and ended up with belly ache and jaw ache.

A special mention to the music used in the film. The soundtrack was brilliant and so varied, I loved it. It's the perfect girls night film, but I think that anyone would enjoy this movie.


I gave this film:


I cringed. I cried. I laughed. I honestly have not laughed this much at a film in so long, it was non-stop. If you love the Bridget Jones movies then you need to see this, and even if you didn't I would say that, in my opinion, this was the best film out of them all. I hope I get the chance to see in again before it stops showing at the cinema, but there's so much more coming out in the next couple of weeks and I'm very busy, but we'll see.

No comments