My Recipe Box: Blueberry and Sour Cream Loaf


I've been trying out some new baking recipes this past couple of weeks and this one turned out really well the first time I made it, so I decided to make it again and share the recipe with you.

Blueberry and Sour Cream Loaf (serves approx. 10):


  • 190g butter
  • 190g plain flour, sieved
  • 190g caster sugar
  • 3 eggs, room temperature
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt (if you used salted butter then you can miss this out)
  • 30 ml sour cream
  • 120g blueberries, fresh or frozen (but defrosted)


1. Preheat the oven to 170 and line a loaf tin with baking paper.

2. Beat together the butter and sugar until well combined and fluffy.



3. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing to combine after adding each one.



4. Put half of the flour, the baking powder and the salt in and mix, before adding the rest of the flour to the mixture.



5. Stir in the sour cream and blueberries gently until delicately combined.



6. Spoon the mixture into the lined loaf tin, place in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes.

7. Remove the tin from the oven and allow the cake to cool inside the pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack.



(Note: Don't worry if the blueberries have sunk to the bottom, this is to be expected and makes for a lovely jammy layer!)

The first time I made this cake I gave it to my Mum, Dad and brother and it honestly didn't even last twenty-four hours! It was gone, which is why I decided to share this recipe with you all.

Enjoy, and let me know if you make it!


1 comment