Makeup Monday: My Five Favourite Highlighters


Highlighter is one of my favourite products to put on. I just love the glow it gives your face. I use it on my cheekbones, my cupid's bow, my brow bone, a tiny bit on my nose and sometimes in the inner corners of my eyes depending on my eyeshadow.

So, here are my top five highlighting products...



5. Smashbox Baked Fusion Soft Lights in 'Starburst', £25.00:
This is the most pricey highlighter on my list, but it is worth it. I love being able to blend all of the shades together for a stunning highlight, but it's also nice to use the lighter colours in the inner corners and a mix on the cheeks. Buy it here.



4. The Balm 'Mary-Lou Minizer', £17.49:
Everyone raved about for so long and I never tried it until I came across a stand in the Topshop flagship store in London just before Christmas. It is beautiful and definitely worth the hype around it. Buy it here.



3. Benefit Watt's Up Cream Highlighter, £24.50:
I'm not a big fan of cream-based products, but this is definitely an exception. This Benefit highlighter is stunning and goes onto the skin so smoothly, and the shimmer is perfect. Buy it here.



2. Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in 'Pink Bronze', £4.99:
If you like the Smashbox highlighter, but not the price, then this is a very good affordable dupe for it. It is a bit more bronze than the Smashbox one but the top half is lovely to use as a general highlight, and then use the bottom half as a lovely summer bronzer. Buy it here.



1. Makeup Revolution Highlighter in 'Peach Lights', £3.00:
I love it when my favourite items are the cheapest of the bunch! This bargain beauty is so pretty. It comes in two other shades, but the peach one is definitely my favourite - followed closely by gold lights, but you need a good tan for that to look its best. Buy it here.

Last week: Blushers
Next week: Mascaras

See you next week for more!

No comments