Film Review: Alice Through The Looking Glass


Here I am, after my 26th visit to Cineworld Braintree this year! I really do spend too much time there, but I just love films too much to limit my visits. Plus, that's what a Cineworld Unlimited card is for!

Off I went on opening night again to see Mia Wasikowska star in the title role again, along with megastars such as Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and the late, great Alan Rickman.




The cast is obviously the star feature of this film, with Mia Wasikowska, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman, and so on! I have to give a special mention to Andrew Scott, who had a small role in this film as a doctor in the instiution Alice is placed. I'd have like to have seen more of him, but it was still great to see him. I was also a little bit of a shame that Alan Rickman's role in this film ended up being so small. Obviously I know it was only him voicing a part, not physically being in it, but I just wished there was more of him for his last film.

Anyway, enough with the negativity. I have to compliment this film on how it portrayed Alice as a powerful young woman. She's referred to as 'headstrong' in the movie and she is a brilliant role model for young girls. She defies the laws of what a woman is expected to do at the time and I think it's a lovely message for all the girls that watch this.

The film as a whole was really good, and without giving any of the story away I must mention Sacha Baron Cohen, who played the role of Time, and did a fantastic job. He was definitely the star of the film for me, even amongst those other stars. Also, it was nice to see Johnny Depp, Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter together again. I loved them in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.



I would give this film:



This film was just as good as I thought it would be. Disney have done it again! What an amazing cast, what an amazing film. I would recommend it to adults as well as children, just in case you were thinking it's more of a kids film because it isn't. There's some great humour in this too.

Are you going to see Alice Through the Looking Glass? Let me know what you think through Twitter and Instagram.



No comments