My Monthly Favourites: March 2016


It's that time again, so here are my monthly favourites for March:



I had never bought anything from Kiko before, until I spotted one of their stores at Intu Lakeside a few weeks ago. I actually went in there looking for a blusher, but I came out with this instead. It's a creamy eyeshadow that's full of shimmer and glitter. It has great staying power and I cannot explain how much I love putting it on my eyes. It's just so sparkly and beautiful. When I first swatched it on my hand in the shop I instantly fell in love and I couldn't stop staring at it. I think my mum had to maneuver me around the shopping centre for the rest of the day as I kept remembering it was there and walked around with my hand in front of me most of the afternoon. This is in shade number '05' (Pearly silver rose) and you can buy it here and shop the other available colours. I personally want to try '01', '06' and '09' next. I feel a Kiko order coming on!




I've been using this Rimmel Supercurler mascara for over a month now and when I first used it, I loved it. I then stopped using it for a while, but I recently went back to it and fell in love with it all over again. I absolutely love the shade of the brush and how quickly it coats your lashes. However, I do still use an eyelash curler, and the point of this was that you apparently don't need one, but I still prefer to use one. You can buy it here.



You probably already know that I love Victoria's Secret body mists, I own about six of them. But this month I have been spraying 'Pure Seduction' non-stop. The scent is red plum and freesia and I love it. You can now buy them in Superdrug and Tesco, and I also found them in my pharmacy the other week too. You can buy this one here. (Heads up: Tesco stock more than Superdrug)



As I have psoriasis I have been looking for wash products that aren't going to irritate my skin, so I found this unscented soap in Boots that contains oats. Oats are know for being very calming on easily irritated or dry skin so I loved the idea of this. I will definitely be repurchasing! You can buy from the range here. I want to try the peppermint oil and poppyseed one too, as I love minty scents.



Another skin product that I've been loving is Lush's 'Dream Cream' which I read about on another blog post (I can't seem to find it to link it!) But they said that it is amazing for eczema and can help psoriasis sufferers too. It is such a thick cream that is really moisturising and feels amazing on the skin. I have been smothering this over my feet before bed and also using it on my driest patches of psoriasis, which are my knees and elbows. It has worked wonders for the dryness but the patches are still red so I use this with my medicated ointment to reduce that. You can buy the 'Dream Cream' here, or go in store and ask for a sample (sorry the picture is of a sample pot, I used up my big pot and threw it away before I could take a photo!).



After seeing the 'How To Be Single' film back in February - on Valentine's Day - it really made me want to read the book. I know I'm not single but I found the film really empowering for single women (you can read my film review here). It is a brilliant book and I would recommend it, definitely to single women, but to any woman really. It's a good read with the message that it's OK to be on your own and life your life your way. I honestly can't rave about it enough. You can buy the paperback here or the kindle edition here. You can also pre-order the DVD here.



Clay bought me these notebooks a couple of weeks ago and I am in love with them. I love anything with gold (or rose gold/copper) detailing, especially dots. They make me think of the beautiful Kate Spade notebooks and planners. I'm not sure where you buy them as they were a gift, but there are other pretty ones like this, or you can get the amazing Kate Spade version here.



As a massive fan of Tom Hiddleston it was pretty obvious that I was going to watch 'The Night Manager' on BBC One. The six-part drama series concluded on Easter Sunday here in the UK. I loved the whole cast, especially Tom, Hugh Laurie and Elizabeth Debicki, and I enjoyed watching the series as a whole. The first episode had me - and Clay, who I made watch it - hooked and waiting for the next episode, right through to that amazing final episode. You can buy the series on DVD here. (A quick note: Yes, I would love to see Tom Hiddleston as James Bond!)



I have been playing 'Dangerous Woman' by Ariana Grande non-stop on Spotify, to the point where if anyone else was in the house it would probably drive them insane! The music video went up on YouTube on 31 March and I've watched it at least ten times. That woman is mesmerising. Go and download it song now, and watch the music video above.



My final favourite this month is chocolate! I have fallen in love with these Galaxy Golden Eggs, so go and grab yourself some before they stop selling them now Easter is over!


No comments