Makeup Monday: My Five Favourite Powders


I was one of these people who, when they first discovered powder, used to cover my face in it and probably looked as if I'd dipped my face in flour at times. However, times have changed and I've learned how to use it properly. Just because it's translucent, doesn't mean that if you cake it on it still won't be seen. I use my powders very sparingly now, only applying to over where I've used concealer and then as a very light sweep over my whole face if I have a full face of makeup on.

So here are my top five...

5. Max Factor Creme Puff Powder Compact (£6.99)
This is a lovely powder! The best thing about this for me is the texture of it. It's so smooth and light on the skin, exactly what you would imagine it to be from the name. I like 'Nouveau Beige' best as it has a little colour but not too much for it to show. Buy it here.

4. Soap and Glory Kick Ass Instant Retouch Pressed Powder (£12.00)
This powder is great and is such a handy one to throw in your handbag if you like to carry some top-up makeup products around with you, because it has a mirror and isn't bulky. This only comes in one colour option but it's lovely. Buy it here.

3. Maybelline Fit Me Powder (£5.99)
The one I use is in the shade 'Ivory' and it's a nice all-over face powder. It dusts over the skin very lightly and it keeps my concealer in place under my eyes, which is a huge thing for me. They do a good range of shades too. Buy it here.

2. No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder (£10.50)
I never wanted to try loose powders as I just imagined them being very hard to use because I'd put too much on and them look cakey, but I was very pleasantly surprised with this. It's a lovely, fine powder and really helps to brighten the skin. I use the 'translucent' shade, but the 'fair' shade is nice too. Buy it here.

1. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (£3.99)
Here is my favourite. I don't like the matte look on me as I have dry skin and it ends up looking awful after an hour, but this is brilliant. It keeps all of my makeup in place and helps it last a lot longer. I use the 'transparent' shade but I have tried others and like them too, if you like them with a little colour. Buy it here.

Do you have a go-to powder that you would recommend? 


Last week: Concealers
Next week: Bronzers

I'll be back on Monday!


No comments