My Recipe Box: Marshmallow Crispy Squares


I decided to try out a recipe today for marshmallow crispy bites, which was posted by Zoella yesterday on YouTube (I've posted it below, and the recipe I took from it starts at 7:50).





So here is my attempt with a couple of adjustments:

Marshmallow Crispy Squares (makes approx. 12):

  • 90g unsalted butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 260g mini marshmallows
  • 1 tbsp milk
  • 170g Rice Krispies
  • Sprinkles and other sweet, chocolatey things to add to the mix

1. Melt the butter on a low-medium heat, stirring it continuously so it doesn't burn.


2. Add the vanilla extract to the butter and then add 195g of your 260g of marshmallows, stirring constantly. Zoe used all white marshmallows but I used a mixture of white and pink.


3. When those marshmallows have melted, add the milk and the rest of the marshmallows.


4. Remove from the heat whilst you can still see a few whole-looking marshmallows, before adding half of the Rice Krispies and mixing.


5. Add in the remaining Rice Krispies, making sure they are all coated in the marshmallow mixture.
6. Add the sprinkles, or the other sweet, chocolatey things that you have chosen, mixing them in. I just used sprinkles.


7. Spoon the mixture into a tin lined with baking paper and spread evenly, being careful not to press down to heavily as Zoella mentioned that marshmallow sets quite hard so you wouldn't want to break your teeth on it. I then topped mine with a few more sprinkles.
8. Place the tin in the fridge and allow the mixture to set. I left mine for about five hours, before removing it from the fridge to cut up into squares.


No comments