Product Review: Makeup Revolution Eyeshadow Palette (Iconic 2)


I am a massive fan of Make Up Revolution products, and when I say massive I mean it. As in I could spend over an hour at the MUR stand in my local Superdrug and I can often be found on their website after receiving their emails to my inbox telling me about brilliant offers and new products that are available.

Today I wanted to tell you all about one of my favourite items by the brand, which is the Iconic 2 palette. Most people I know love this because it is a very cheap dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, as it's only £4 compared to £38. But the reasons I love it go much further than this.

The colour payoff is incredible with these eyeshadows, with great pigmentation and staying power. I often use their Aqua Seal liquid eye primer underneath it to make it stay but I have also used them without the primer and it lasts well this way too.


This palette is a great collection of shimmer and matte shades to create some stunning eye looks. I have used every shade in this palette too so I know how I can use them all and there isn't that odd one out that never gets touched, they all get used with me. The palette has also lasted me a really long time considering there are some shades that I use almost everyday. Who wouldn't want an amazing eyeshadow palette for only £4?!

Here are the swatches of all twelve colours from the palette, from left to right:



My favourite look to create is using shade 5 in the crease and on my lower lash line going about 2/3 of the way in, shade 2 over the lid, shade 11 on the outer V with it blending slightly on to the lid and into the crease, and then using shade 3 in the inner corner of the eye to highlight. It's my go-to look with this palette. I plan to wear this eye look on Christmas day with a red lip.

I will hopefully get around to doing a stage-by-stage photo tutorial of the above look at some point.

If you're interested in the palette you can find it here on the Makeup Revolution website, or at most Superdrug stores or on their website here.

If there are any other Makeup Revolution products that you would like me to review or any other makeup items at all that you think I should try then let me know in the comments or via Twitter.
 
 

No comments