My Top Ten: Films of 2015


So I pretty much live at the cinema, as anyone who regularly reads these posts may know as I am often reviewing them after my visits. I don't even review every film so that shows just how much time I spend there! So as the new year is coming up rapidly I decided to rank my top ten movies.

Let's get right into it then.


10. Insurgent (****)
I loved the first instalment and was eagerly awaiting the second, and it didn't disappoint. You can see my review here.


9. Legend ****
This was another film that I knew I had to see as soon as the trailer was released. Tom Hardy was incredible and I don't know anyone who could have played this role any better. See my review here.


8. Ant-Man (****)
I am a huge Marvel fan and this wasn't one I was desperate to see right away when the trailer first came out but then a second trailer came out and all of a sudden I was desperate to see it opening night! It was brilliantly funny and action-packed. My review can be read here.


7. The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (****)
I enjoyed this film so much that I ended up going back four days after seeing it on opening night back in August. I loved this movie so much more than I thought I would, mainly because of the leading actors Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer. You can read the full review here.


6. Crimson Peak (****)
This is one that I wrote a post about back in May, saying how excited I was to see it. I didn't disappoint, and although it was extremely violent and I was extremely concerned for the age certificate of this movie, I still thought it was brilliant. Tom Hiddleston, Mia Wasikowska and Jessica Chastain gave beautiful performances. My full review is here.


5. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Episode VII) (*****)
The most anticipated film of the year and it blew my socks off! I only reviewed this one just over a week ago here as it has only just been released. It was great to see such amazing, memorable characters from the older films return alongside the new stars of the franchise.


4. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 (*****)
As a massive fan of the book series I knew the films had some big boots to fill and it certainly did it the job. It was an epic ending as the final part to the set of movies. The review I wrote can be found here.

And now we move on to the top three!


3. Jurassic World (*****)
Another addition to an already classic franchise, and this certainly lived up to expectations too. This is probably my fiancé Clay's favourite film of the year, and I can see why. If you love the older films then you will really enjoy this. The review is here.


2. Avengers: Age of Ultron (*****)
At the beginning of the year, before I saw any of these films, I would have predicted that this would be my number one without a doubt or a thought against it. But something managed to pip it to the post. However, this is still one incredible movie that I will happily watch again and again! My review is here.


1. Cinderella (*****)
So here it is, my favourite film of the year. From the moment the trailer for this was released I was hooked and the movie was pure magic and wonder from start to finish. Kenneth Branagh did an amazing job with this live-action remake. Lily James and Richard Madden played their parts beautifully as Ella and Prince Kit. You can find my full review here.

I must also give a special mention to some films that didn't make the top ten, but were still very good:

So there we have it, my top ten films of this past year, and I cannot wait for the films of 2016. There are so many things to look forward to! I'm most excited for Captain America: Civil War! What upcoming films are you excited for?


What were your top ten films of 2015? Did you agree with any of mine? What was your top movie?

I will also be doing a post in the next couple of weeks about the films I'm excited for in 2016!

(Also, just as a little something extra to tell you: This is my 100th post. My New Year's resolution for 2015 was to restart my blog, deleting everything old and starting it over, and to keep it up. I'm proud to say that I kept my resolution this year and have made 100 post for you all! Hooray!)

No comments