Film Review: Daddy's Home


I went and saw this movie immediately after seeing 'In the Heart of the Sea' and it was just what I needed after that one.

Most people will probably know what this film is about, and if you watch the trailer it is a pretty straight-forward storyline.
 

This isn't going to be a particularly long review, because I don't really have too much to say about it except for that parts of it were very funny, but it is a bit of a slow-starter for me. It took me a little while to get into it.

However, by the end of the film I was cracking up laughing and wanting to watch more of Will and Mark.
 
 
Will and Mark were great together in this movie, but the stars of this for me were the two children. They were great.

I don't want to spoil things, but just you wait until the Daddy-Daughter Dance scene near the end of the film. It is my favourite part, both with Will and Mark and the little boy.


I would give this movie:

If you like Will Ferrell's films then you will enjoy this one too, but don't be too surprised if the majority of the funny bits are ones you have already seen because they are mostly in the trailer.

No comments