Throwback Thursday: Warner Bros. Harry Potter Tour

 
During the summer I went to the Warner Bros. studios for the Harry Potter tour. It was my second time going, but this time it was with my Mum, my brother, Ellis, and Clay, my fiancé.

I'm not going to babble on about everything I saw and did there, instead I'm just going to use this post to show you a selection of photographs from each area on the tour, but I will slip a few comments in here and there! Enjoy!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Snape's potion class (above) was probably my favourite room set-up on the whole tour. This really made me want to go to Hogwarts.
 
 
 
 
 

Seeing the Hogwarts Express was obviously a massive highlight of the whole experience. We walked through the carriages, seeing the 9 3/4 sign on the platform, and recreating the running through the wall scene.
 
 
 

Butterbeer! It is very sweet.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A huge highlight for me was seeing the Gilderoy Lockhart book window display down Diagon Alley. Kenneth Branagh is a favourite of mine!

 
 
 
 
 
The model castle is incredible. The first time I saw it I was so taken back by it. It changes between day and night so you can see the castle all lit up in the dark and see all the detail of it during the daylight setting.


We were in the final room with all of the wand boxes for so long, trying to find as many star names as we could. Unfortunately I couldn't find Kenneth Branagh's box!

 
 
When we left the studios I spotted that to the side there were a number of constructions and green screens. This was where they were filming the Harry Potter prequel, 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them', starring Eddie Redmayne.
 
I'd highly recommend the tour, obviously, seeing as I was there for a second time! It's a really enjoyable day out.
 

No comments