My Recipe Box: Easy No-Bake Cheesecake


Today I want to share with you how to make my super-easy no-bake cheesecake. Cheesecake is one of my favourite ever desserts so to be able to have a recipe this simple and quick is really handy.

I turned my cheesecake into the US flag as I decided to make it on the 4th of July, so happy belated Independence Day to everyone in the USA!

Like I said this recipe is so easy and only contains six ingredients. However you choose to top it is up to you!


Easy No-Bake Cheesecake

You will need:
  • 200g digestive biscuits
  • 100g butter
  • 300g cream cheese (I used Philadelphia)
  • 400g condensed milk (I used a tin of Carnation that comes as 397g)
  • 1tsp vanilla extract (optional)
  • juice of 2 lemons
1. Put the biscuits into a large mixing bowl and, using a rolling pin, smash them up into a good crumb consistency. This will be for your base.
2. Melt the butter slowly in the microwave, stopping to stir every 15 seconds so that it melts evenly and doesn't explode (I have experienced this and it's not pretty!)
3. Pour the melted butter into the mixing bowl with the biscuit crumbs and mix well, before tipping the mixture into the bottom of a loose-bottom tin and smoothing out evenly. The bigger your tin the thinner your base will be. I like a thick base on my cheesecake but it's all personal preference.

4. Set the base in the fridge to chill for half an hour at least, but while you wait you can mix up the creamy topping. Take the cream cheese and condensed milk and add them to a clean mixing bowl. Whisk the two together until you have a smooth consistency with no lumps. Nobody likes lumpy bits of cheese in their cheesecake!

5. Next take the lemon juice and add it half at a time, whisking as you go. You should notice the mixture thicken. That's down to the 'magic' of the lemons! If you like your cheesecake lemony you can leave it at this, but if you want to counteract that flavour a little then add a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
6. Remove your base from the fridge and cover evenly with the cheese mixture before popping back in the fridge for 1½ - 2 hours.
7. Before serving, top with whatever you fancy or leave it plain and remove from the tin.


If you give this recipe a go don't forget to send me your pictures on Twitter or Instagram!

No comments