Film Review: Wonder Woman


Everyone who knows me will know that I'm a Marvel girl and I will always choose a Marvel film or superhero over anything DC but I've been wanting to watch this movie from the moment I heard they were making it.

I loved the taster we got of Wonder Woman in Batman V Superman and my need to see this film only grew after I watched the trailer for the first time.

I almost booked us in for the midnight showing - to be one of the first to see it - but there weren't any decent seats left. This was probably a good thing though as I ended up starting a new book (Throne of Glass, if you're interested). I became so addicted to the story that I didn't put it down until the early hours and I would like to have seen anyone try and take that book from my hands last night, even with the prospect of a highly anticipated film.

However, we still went along on opening night to watch this female-led superhero movie.



OK, so I'm just going to jump right in and tell you this film was awesome!

Gal Gadot is phenomenal as Diana/Wonder Woman and as soon as I came out of that cinema I wanted to walk straight back in and watch it all over again.

The storyline was solid and had me hooked from the very beginning. I loved seeing a young Diana, wanting to train and learn how to fight, and seeing the island they lived on (which was beautiful by the way!) The idea of tying their world in with a World War worked really well. I loved Diana's transition throughout the story as she travels to wartime London. There is so much comedy within this film as well but it works perfectly, not taking anything away from the storyline.

The casting was brilliant. I loved Chris Pine! He was a perfect choice for his part and he was often at the centre of those comical moments. His secretary, Etta (played by Lucy Davis), was one of my favourite characters though. Her humour was spot-on.


Obviously, the star of the show was Gal Gadot and I don't think there was ever a better choice for who should play the iconic female. I just loved her and I can't wait to watch this film again.

Also, as silly as it sounds, it's also inspired me to raise my game when it comes to my workouts. I feel inspired to workout, and although I know I'll never look like Wonder Woman or have any of her strength or skills, I want to be better. See, something practical came out of this movie experience too! 

The action scenes were amazing to watch, and when you put that fantastic Wonder Woman soundtrack to it... Wow! I was so gripped by these scenes, especially the first time we see her fight properly after leaving the island, when they go to No Man's Land.

So, I think what I'm about to say is pretty obvious...

I've rated this film:



This film was stunning. I am in love with Wonder Woman and I can't wait to see what comes next from her with the Justice League.

I adore the fact that this female-led superhero movie is so amazing, being the first "modern" film to show a female superhero as the lead. I'm thrilled that it has been done so well and that this shows that the women can do just as well as the men... if not better!



No comments