Film Review: Gifted


Hi guys! Sorry I've been away from the blog for a while. I've been having the busiest time with general life things and work the past couple of weeks and I just haven't had the time to sit down and write. I'm so glad to be back and to have that time now.

On Friday, for the first time in a while, I went to the cinema to see Gifted on opening night. I had the opportunity to see it early (on the Monday) but as I said, I have been so busy that I wasn't able to make it. Still, I was very excited to see this film.

I saw the trailer for this ages ago and was waiting for it to be released, going by the date on the trailer, only to find out that it was a US release date and that we had to wait even longer here in the UK. The same thing has happened with the movie Everything, Everything and I'm still waiting for that one (not so patiently!)

So, here are my thoughts on this movie, starring Chris Evans...

 


The cast is what first drew me in to this film. I am obviously a fan of Chris Evans because I love Captain America. He was perfect for this role. I also think Octavia Spencer is brilliant and she was very funny in this film. However, the star of the show was definitely Mckenna Grace. She was funny and adorable whilst taking on a role that needed a strong front with a variety of emotions thrown in. She did a perfect job of portraying Amy Adler.

The trailer - which had me tearing up (nothing new there!) - showed me exactly what kind of movie this was going to me. I knew I was in for an emotion-packed ride when it started and I was right. I won't spoil any scenes for you but there was one in particular that had me sobbing. If you've seen it, feel free to message me and see if you can guess which part it was.


I'd give this film:


I really liked this movie and it was definitely worth the extended wait. The casting was incredible, especially Mckenna, and the story was so raw and real. It was nice to see a film that demonstrated how families can really be. That it's not just the ones you are born into and showcases an example of a single parent.

I'd highly recommend this film.


No comments