My Monthly Favourites: May 2017


Here are my favourites for the month of May. I usually have ten favourites, but I can only think of eight this month, so here they are:


I haven't really been using any new or different makeup this month but I have been using bronzer a bit more now that the weather is getting a bit warmer (although this is the UK so that week and a half of sunshine we had was probably it for the year!) My favourite deep bronzer is MAC's 'Give Me Sun'. I use it sparingly and very lightly on my face but it's great for warming up the skin. Buy it here.


Last month I had three books on my 'favourites' post and two of them where by Sarah J Maas. I included A Court of Thorns and Roses and A Court of Mist and Fury, just in time for the release of the third book. So, this month my favourite book had to be A Court of Wings and Ruin. Honestly, this book was incredible. I cannot tell you how much I love this series of books. I tried to explain my feelings in my YouTube video here, but I honestly could have waffled on about these books for hours. Buy the first book here, the second book here and latest book here.

I suppose my Night Court sugar cookie recipe could also be considered a favourite (pictured above) as I ate one every time I sat down with my book. I posted the recipe on my blog earlier this month, which you can find here.



This was the first book after A Court of Wings and Ruin that I gave five stars to (and there were twelve books that I read between the two!). Unconventional was a fun book and it had a great love story. I loved that it centred around conventions and I just thoroughly enjoyed this book. So many people had told me that it was a brilliant book so I got it from the library as soon as I could. Buy it here.


I've been enjoying my colouring books this month. In particular, my Enchanted Forest book. There is a 'Colour With Me' video up on my YouTube with this colouring book. Watch it here and buy the colouring book here.


I've listened to the Hamilton soundtrack a few times and I must say that I don't love the whole thing. I would love to see the show and have something to look at to go with the music, but there were a few songs that I loved. "Burn" is definitely my favourite and I really like the first Cabinet Battle and "Who Lives, Who Die, Who Tells Your Story". Buy the soundtrack here.


I mentioned a Shawn Mendes album either last month or back in March and he is still a firm favourite on my music playlist this month. I do have a particular song this month though and that is my favourite, which is "There's Nothing Holding Me Back". I've had this song on repeat. I wish I was going to one of his London tour dates this week. Maybe next time! Buy his album here.


I've been drinking a lot of coffee this month but I did find a new favourite. Nescafe Gold do coconut latte sachets which I have been thoroughly enjoying. I don't have my own picture of the coffee because I've just worked my way through them at such a pace that I don't have any left to photograph!

No comments