My Monthly Favourites: April 2017


Here are my monthly favourite for April:



This Smashbox highlighter palette is incredible. It was created in collaboration with my favourite beauty YouTuber, Casey Holmes. They have released a 'pearl' palette and a 'gold' palette. I have the 'pearl' because the other was too dark for me. The lightest colour is basically the same as my favourite highlighter in the Smashbox Shape Matters palette, so I had to get it. Plus the other two shades are great for when I want an extra glow (the second one) or to really amp it up when I'm going out (the third one). Buy the Spotlight palettes here.




I wanted a glitter glue to go underneath my Stila liquid glitter eyeshadow. I shopped around online and a lot of people were recommending this NYX glitter glue, so I got it. I think it's brilliant and it has stopped any of the fallout that I was getting when I sometimes applied extra glitter. Buy it here.



When I was out shopping last month I got really thirsty and headed into a Boots store to buy a drink. I was just going to get a normal bottle of water when I spotted this honey water instead. They had a few different flavours that all sounded amazing but this is the one I chose. It was amazing and I've been meaning to go back and buy a couple more and try out the other flavours. It's like sweet water but it's naturally sweet. I loved the green tea in my one. See them here.


This is a random one but I've been loving this Oral B toothpaste. There's not much else to say about it, it's toothpaste, but I have found that my teeth are whiter and it's not a hot mint toothpaste that feels like it's burning.



Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is finally here and it didn't disappoint! I won't say too much here as I reviewed it on my blog last week, which you can read here or watch my Guardians of the Galaxy book tag and review on my YouTube channel here. If you liked the first one or enjoy any Marvel or superhero films, then you need to see this, even if you go just to see how amazing Baby Groot is!



On the subject of Marvel, have you seen the first Thor: Ragnarok trailer? It's look incredible and I can't wait to see my favourite, Tom Hiddleston, back on the big screen as Loki. You can watch the trailer here.



I've spoken a lot about these books recently, not just on social media but to people around me too. They're probably fed up of it because none of them have read them but I love them so much so I need to get my feelings out. A Court of Thorns and Roses was recommended to me by a fair amount of people, telling me that even though I don't normally read fantasy books I need to read these. I got the first book, A Court of Thorns and Roses (ACOTAR), from the library and I loved it so much that I requested the next book, A Court of Mist and Fury (ACOMAF). Unfortunately there was a long waiting list so I decided to buy my own copy of ACOTAR and ACOMAF, and I'm so glad I did. The second book is definitely my favourite. I then pre-ordered the third book, A Court of Wings and Ruin (ACOWAR), which I have now read but it was in May so it doesn't count towards this month's favourites. I have a YouTube video discussion of all three books here (Don't worry if you haven't read the books yet, the first half of my review video is spoiler free). You can also buy the books here: ACOTAR, ACOMAF and ACOWAR.



It feels so long ago that I read this book, probably because I read so many during April, but one of my favourites this month was 'It Ends With Us' by Colleen Hoover. I got this out of the library back in February and renewed it a few times because I hadn't gotten around to picking it up. When I finally did I flew through it, finishing the whole thing in one day, and I cried so much when I finished it. It was one of the most hard-hitting books I've ever read and I am so, so glad that I finally picked it up. I have been recommending this to a lot of people, but with a warning that it does deal with the theme of domestic violence. It was a change for me to read something that wasn't YA, but this is definitely in my top ten books so far this year (and I've read over 50!) Buy it here and see my GoodReads review here.



I've been listening to a random mix of music this month, but one song I've been loving is from the Broadway show 'Waitress'. The song is called "She Used to Be Mine" and it's so beautiful. I wish that we'd had the chance to see the show whilst we were in New York because I love the soundtrack and what I've read of the storyline.



Another song I've been listening to a lot this month, and again it's so different to the previous song, is "Ciao Adios" by Anne-Marie. I've just been loving this one and always seem to put it on when I'm walking to work or doing my warm up before a workout.


No comments