I'm Loving: Smashbox + Casey Holmes Spotlight Palettes


Being in the UK means that we got Casey Holmes' Smashbox palette later than some people. Those lucky people in the US got them first and I've been loving the photos that people have been posting so far.

It was released in the UK this past week. I wasn't expecting it because I'd read that it would be out here in April, but it ended up being March instead. When I first saw that it had been released on the Smashbox UK website I went to it immediately, only to find that the pearl palette was out of stock. They had the gold but as I'm quite fair-skinned I knew I'd get more use out of the pearl shades. So I sat in wait for it to come back in stock.

Luckily, it was back in stock the very next day. Again, I was straight on the website buying myself the palette. It finally arrived yesterday, typically after I'd been on a night out and could have used the blow a fuse pearl shade, but I also went out last night so I still got to try it out.



My first impressions were very good. I think the lightest shade - turn it on pearl - is the same as the one in the big Shape Matters palette, which is my favourite highlighter so I knew I'd love that one. Then crank it up pearl and blow a fuse pearl were also amazing, with a bit more colour to them and extra shimmery.

If you love a good highlighter then you will adore this product. Casey has done such an amazing job creating both of these palettes. Obviously I've not tried the gold palette but I've seen people using it and it looks incredible on.

Here are some photos/videos of me with the highlighters in action from my Instagram:



Let me know what you think of either of these palettes and which one is your favourite if you've tried them both.

If you're in the UK, you can buy your palettes here.

Again, Congratulations Casey, you're an amazing YouTuber and just a fantastic person. Can we be best friends?!


No comments