My Monthly Favourites: February 2017


It's a few days later than I would've like, but here are my February favourites:


This Collection Lasting Perfection concealer has been popular on the YouTube makeup scene for a long time but I've only just started to use it. I was in desperate need of a new concealer and I decided to try a new one. Enter Collection's famous concealer. I picked up the 'fair' one because it's so brightening, but I don't like it for right underneath my eyes as it can be quite drying on me. It's brilliant for brightening underneath my eyes, but only using a tiny bit on top of another concealer. I also use it down my nose and a little bit on my chin. Buy it here.


I've been loving this Revlon lipstick in the shade 'Pink In The Afternoon'. I wear it on it's own if I want to go for more pink or it's nice over the top of MAC Modesty, which I've done most days. My mum gave me this lipstick because after buying it she decided it was too pink for her. Buy it here.



I've been loving Batiste's rose gold dry shampoo. The scent is incredible and it does the same great job of keeping my hair looking fresh and clean as the original one. I stupidly threw the can out before I took a picture, so this is from the Superdrug website. Buy it here.


This Head and Shoulders shampoo has been a saviour this past month. My scalp has felt really dry this month and although my psoriasis hasn't been too bad anywhere else, my scalp has felt a bit tight. This shampoo really helped to make my head feel a bit better. It wasn't a miracle cure or anything but it definitely felt like it was making a difference. I used it once or twice a week. Buy it here.


I've been loving my Q&A a day book so far this year. If you haven't seen it before, it's a book where you have one question for each day of the year and you answer the question on each date everyday over a five year period. I can't wait to have the completed book in my hands, but that won't be until December 31st 2021. Buy it here.


I've had a bit of a library binge in February and I ended up checking out fourteen books which is your limit. I actually returned seven of them on the day that this blog post went up but I controlled myself and didn't take out any more, not until I've read all of the ones I've currently got on my shelf. I'll go through all of the books I've read so far this year in March, but to see my library book haul video (when I only had seven books, not fourteen) click here.


I mentioned in a previous post that I went to see Newsies last month when it was shown in cinemas around the world. There was only one showing and I'm so, so glad that I managed to get tickets. It was absolutely incredible and since then I've had to soundtrack on repeat. Search the soundtrack on Spotify or Apple Music, it's great!


Again, I'm so annoyed that I've thrown the packet away before taking a photo. I picked these up in the supermarket to take to the cinema with me when I went to see Newsies, but unfortunately somebody ate them all the day before... OK, it was me but I ended up buying another bag. They are amazing.


Shawn Mendes has been on repeat this past month, with both albums on shuffle. My favourite tracks are Aftertaste, Imagination, I Know What You Did Last Summer and Treat You Better but I honestly love every track.


Finally, back to the subject of food, I've been loving the Milkybar mini eggs. I like to make the most of Easter treats like this because they're not around for long. I've stocked up on a few bags for upcoming cinema trips.

No comments