My Monthly Favourites: January 2017


It's my first monthly favourites post of 2017. Here are the things I've been loving this past month...



This MAC lipstick in the shade 'Modesty' was my wedding day lipstick and I have pretty much worn it every day ever since. It's a beautiful nude lipstick that feels amazing to wear and smells lovely too. It's described as a 'muted neutral pink' which I agree with. This has just become my go-to lipstick and it has made me remember how much I love MAC lipsticks. I now want to go back through my lipstick collection to see which shades I'm missing and fill in the gaps with MAC lipsticks. Buy it here.



This Maybelline brow drama is amazing. When I've been and had my HD brows done this is all I need to use to keep them in place. I have the clear gel rather than a coloured one because when my brows have been tinted I don't need to use a colour in my brows for my everyday makeup. I do want to try the tinted ones though so maybe that will be my next purchase. Buy it here.



I already had the blusher and bronzer in this Tanya Burr cheek palette but I wanted the highlighter, so I bought this. I mainly purchased it because I wanted to take the blusher with me to New York but I didn't want to take the bigger, bulkier Candy Glam palette (which is no longer available) because I didn't want to break/lose it and it would take up too much room. It's great to have a back-up now I'm home as I've hit pan on the blusher in my bigger palette. Buy the Rosy Flush cheek palette here.



I picked up this Bath and Body Works scrub whilst in New York and I love it. It is probably one of the best scrubs I have ever used. I try not to use it too much because of how intense it is on my skin and I don't want it to cause a psoriasis flare-up. They don't ship to the UK, which is a real shame, so I'll make this bottle last!



I bought up this Liz Earle body wash back in November but I didn't start using it until December when I took it with me to New York. I was going to include it in last month's favourites post but I forgot! It has a lovely, delicate citrusy scent and is gentle on the skin. It hasn't irritated my psoriasis at all. Buy it here.



I read this beautiful edition of Cinderella at the beginning of January. It's based of the film version of the story and it was just as magical as watching the movie. I just love the cover and the illustrations inside, it's such a lovely book. Buy it here.



The One We Fell In Love With by Paige Toon is an amazing book. It was part of the WHSmith Zoella Book Club and it was definitely my favourite out of all eight books. I did a review of it here and I got to ask Paige some questions here. It's a great love story with a twist that nobody would have seen coming. It's just brilliant. Buy it with the exclusive Zoella Book Club cover here.



I bought this Tetley tea when I was ill at the beginning of January and it really did help me to feel better. I've been told that this is best to drink when you first start to feel ill but I had it when I was feeling my worst and it still worked. It's a green tea but it tastes of tropical fruit, you can't even taste the tea. I bought mine in my local supermarket.



Collabro are releasing a new album and I couldn't be more excited! They announced the track listing late last year and some of my favourite musical songs ever are on there, including Til I Hear You Sing and Journey to the Past. They have pre-released two tracks so far - This is the Moment and Journey to the Past - which I have been listening to non-stop. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album when it is properly released in March. Pre-order here.



Like everyone else, I have fallen in love with both of Ed Sheeran's new songs Castle on the Hill and Shape of You. I can't pick a favourite because I love them both for different reasons. I love the meaning behind Castle on the Hill and how it has a bit of a country feel to it, and Shape of You is so different from his previous stuff and is addictive to listen to. It doesn't matter how many times I listen to them both on repeat, I never get bored of them. Pre-order his new album, which is being released the same day as Collabro's album, here.


3 comments

  1. I love your monthly favourites. Have you got any photos of you wearing the lipstick to see the colour on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm planning on doing a blog post this month with my full wedding makeup look, so I'll put a picture up then. Keep an eye out for it.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete