My Monthly Favourites: December 2016



Here are my final favourites for 2016:



Our honeymoon to New York City this Christmas was obviously the highlight of my month. I'll be doing a full blog post about what we did while we were there very soon, but here are a few pictures until then.



Vlogmas was in my favourites last December, but I love it so much that I'm putting it on this year's list too. I've been watching Zoella, Tanya Burr and Casey Holmes share their daily vlogs on the run-up to Christmas. I usually watched them whilst I was getting ready in the morning.



This Maybelline Color Sensational matte lipstick in 'Clay Crush' has been a go-to lip colour this month. I took it with me to New York too. I don't normally like brown-toned lipsticks but I swatched this one because it had Clay's name in the colour and I loved it. It's completely matte and doesn't look drying, or feel it. Buy it here.



This Christmas colouring book was in my 'What I Got For Christmas' post. I was an early present from Clay so that I could colour the pictures during December and take it to New York with me. Here are a couple of pictures I've already coloured in. Buy it here.



Billy & Me at Christmas is a Christmas themed book by Giovanna Fletcher, which slots in between her books Billy and Me and Always With Love. I love both of these books so I was excited to read this short story over Christmas. It was a lovely little addition to the other two books. I read it on my Kindle, so this picture is from the Amazon website where I bought it. Buy it here.



Miracle on 5th Avenue is the third book in a series by Sarah Morgan. I read Sleepless in Manhattan and Sunset in Central Park first, but I saved this one for taking on the plane to New York. I'm so glad I did as there was so much of the book that took place in the areas we were and it just made it feel extra special and Christmassy. Buy it here.


We recently decided to wrap fairy lights around the metal framing of our bed to make it look a little bit more Christmassy upstairs, but I like them so much that I'm tempted to leave them up all year round. They just make the room look cosy and I love laying in bed with them on, listening to music or reading a book.



Our most-used Yankee Candle this month is the Red Apple Wreath tart. It's festive but not too heavy on the spices. I love the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and clove scents, but my husband isn't a fan, so this is our compromise. It's currently out of stock on their website, but you might be able to find it in stores still, possibly cheaper as Christmas is over.



Tesco used to sell small, individual cartons of eggnog but they stopped doing them, probably over a year ago now. I was excited to have eggnog in New York over Christmas. It took us a while to find it but I got a big carton. Then, when we came home, Clay went to Tesco and guess what? They've only started selling the mini cartons again! I was so excited, I've had so many since then. Hooray for eggnog all year round!



My final favourite this month is Vanilla Pepsi Max. I went to a Harvester restaurant for the first time a couple of weeks ago with a couple of friends from school. When I went to the drinks fountain to fill my glass up, I was given the option of having normal Pepsi, lime, cherry, strawberry or - my ultimate favourite - vanilla. I was so excited to see this and as it was unlimited refills I worked my way through three or four glasses!


No comments