A Quick Note: Things Are Changing


I have been wanting to write this post for some time now, and it's finally the right time.

As much as I love writing my blog, I've found it can come across as randomised and disjointed. I've been doing film reviews a lot, but then I'll throw in the odd post about makeup, skincare, music, and so on. It just doesn't flow, and that's the one thing I dislike about my blog.

I just like so many things that I want to write about them all and share them all with everyone, but I decided that in the new year I would make the changes necessary for this blog to be more connected and organised.

First, I had to decide on one or two things that I was passionate enough about to write about on a regular basis, cutting out everything that is irrelevant to those topics.

My main love is - and always has been - books. Although I haven't written too much about books on my blog, they often feature in my monthly favourites. So, for my new year's resolution I decided that I would start a YouTube channel, devoted to my love of books.

I set the channel up on New Year's Eve and I put up a trailer for my channel a couple of days later. You can watch it below:



With this YouTube channel I will need my blog to accompany it, so my main focus on my blog will also be books. However, I will still be continuing my film reviews as they are a huge part of my writing and it would feel weird not to do them anymore. Plus, books are being made into films all the time so they kind of go hand-in-hand.

You will see these changes coming in gradually as I've got a few posts that I'm in the middle of writing up, such as my wedding day post, my wedding makeup post, my New York honeymoon post and my evening routine (because I've already done my weekday and weekend morning routines, so I need to finish it off with this one).

I'm also not too sure what I'm going to do about my monthly favourites yet. I thought they might look a bit out of place, but they could also be my chance to share everything I've been loving once a month. I don't know yet, but I do have December favourites ready to go up this week.

If you have any ideas you want to share with me, suggestions you want to make, then please feel free to comment below or send me a message via Twitter.

1 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete