Happy Holidays: What I Got For Christmas 2016


I had a few people asking me if I was going to do another 'What I Got For Christmas' post like I did last year, so here it is:



I got given this colouring book early so that I could colour some of them in before Christmas. I also took it to New York with me and did some at the airport while we were waiting to board. Here are a couple of pages that I've already done.




Clay got me this beautiful, hand-printed scarf. It wasn't to take to New York (it was too cold for a thin scarf like this one) but I can wear it when the weather isn't quite so frosty and think of NYC.



This is another one that I was given early. It's a journal, from Clay, so that I could write down everything we were doing in New York (a bit like a diary). It's such a beautiful notebook.



My last radio/docking station broke, so my iPhone no longer works in it, so Clay replaced it for me with a new model that works through bluetooth as well as plugging it in.



Clay bought me this stunning rose gold liquid eyeshadow as a surprise when we were in New York. I wandered around Sephora for ages, just browsing at things I hadn't seen in the UK, but whilst I was doing this Clay went an bought this beauty by Stila that I'd swatched on my hand when we first walked in. He's the best husband ever - not just because he bought me a gift!



My brother knows how much I love Kate Spade, so he got me a case for my iPhone.



Surprise, surprise! It's a book! I was looking at this one a few weeks ago in store, so it was lovely to receive it as a present.



I'd spotted this book in Foyles a few months ago and I was really excited to get it. I started filling it in straight away. It's pages and pages of lists to do with books, that you fill in with your own reading experiences, such as:

  • My favourite authors
  • Books I hope they make into films
  • The best books about falling in love
  • Books I could pin a song to
  • Fictional crimes I've witnessed
  • Cities and countries I've travelled to via literature
  • Favourite quotes




This is another one I spotted in Foyles at the same time as the Literary Listography. It's another one that you fill in but with a lot more writing. It's gives you prompts or ideas and you just start writing based on them. For example:

  • Your friend calls to say she saw you in the back of a police car yesterday. What happened?
  • A tree from the point of view of one of its leaves.
  • You wake up in an open field wearing an astronaut suit and lying on a surfboard. What happened?
  • You'd just die if anyone ever saw this diary entry.
  • Describe a person you've never met.
  • Write ten sayings for fortune cookies.
  • The best advice for a teen just graduating from high school.




I almost bought this Q and A book when we were in a lovely shop called Paper Source in New York, but luckily I didn't because my mum had already bought it for me. I know, it's another book for me to fill in, but this is one where you answer a question daily over the year, for five years. The questions include:

  • Did you kiss someone today?
  • What's the last song you listened to?
  • What is your favourite thing to do on a Friday night?
  • What's the next book you want to read?
  • Is your home/apartment clean?
  • Sweet or salty?
  • Write down five words that describe today.




I already had the black clay mask from this collection, so it was lovely to be given the red clay too. This one has an exfoliator in it and helps to brighten your skin. I loved the black mask so I used this the day I opened it and my skin felt amazing straight after using it.



This was just a little extra present but it honestly smells exactly like the original glazed ring doughnuts, like when you first open the pre-packed box of a dozen. It made my mouth water so I can't wait to burn it.



The cutest, softest grey slippers with rose gold stars from Next. These have been on my feet non-stop since I opened them.



This incredible dressing gown - also from Next - is the softest one I've ever worn. It just feels incredible and it's not too heavy or too thick. Bonus: It's floor-length, which I didn't realise I needed until now.



How adorable are these white and gold New York items from H&M?! My mum bought two of each for us. They're just so pretty!



My parents also spent the longest time making up a wedding photo album for me and Clay. The photos are all printed inside this lovely hardback book. There will be a blog post coming soon about the wedding, but we've been so busy since and there's obviously a lot to go through.




I'm a big Liz Earle fan, so I loved opening up this limited edition winter set of her cleanse and polish lotion. It's the same great formula that leaves your face feeling amazing and looking clean, but it has the subtle scent of orange and clove. It's incredible!



Finally, this pretty bobble hat was also an early Christmas present so that I could take it to New York. I love the sparkly bit along the front.

No comments