Happy Holidays: Christmas in London


Last weekend I took a trip into the city to have a look at their Christmas lights and have a little look around the shops. It's the ultimate Christmas day out!

We didn't go Winter Wonderland or go ice skating anywhere, but we did all of the other things I like to do around Christmas time.

First, we went to St Paul's and walked around whilst there was a choir singing inside, which was a lovely start to our day. We then walked across the Millennium Bridge (which Clay referred to as 'the one that gets destroyed in Harry Potter') and came to a lovely Christmas market. I was immediately hungry and headed straight to the food section of the market. They had waffles, christmas coffees, eggnog and so much more, but I settled for churros as soon as I saw the Churros Garcia stand. I first tried Churros Garcia in 2014 when they had a stand along the South Bank. They were amazing so I had to get some again. They are cinnamon-sugary goodness!


We ate churros and walked past The Globe Theatre, before circling back across the Millennium Bridge and heading for Covent Garden.

Covent Garden is always beautiful at Christmas time, with lots of lights and a big tree. The first tree we spotted was this stunning, colourful one outside The Ivy.


We ended up at Laduree, which had their pretty window displays. I wanted to stop and have afternoon tea but it was too cold outside to sit and eat.





Inside, the ceilings were decorated with these amazing mistletoe ornaments and baubles.


The stores were decorated too and a lot of the walls and ceilings had mirrors on them. The mirrors reflect the lights beautifully.


Here's my Mum and me...


...and with Clay too.


The Covent Garden tree was huge, as always, but we didn't get to see it all lit up because we were there earlier in the day.


We then walked past a Jo Malone store and their window displays are pretty this year.



We headed down to Regent Street to see their Christmas window displays and lights. The lights were on but it wasn't dark enough to see them when we first got there.


We stopped by Anthroplogie - my favourite store in London - and looked at all of the lovely items they have. I think we were in there for over a hour, but it's easily done.





We then went down to the main Victoria's Secret store and got to see their amazing window displays, which include the outfits worn by some of the angels in the shows. Here I am, in front of Karlie Kloss's outfit and wings from the 2015 show.



On the way out of the store, I spotted Elsa's outfit from 2015 as well, which was one of my favourites. It was so autumnal.


Pretty autumnal lights too!


We had a lovely day in London, shopping and seeing the sights. It's a shame we had to be back home before it was completely dark because then we could have seen the lights switched on properly at nighttime.


No comments