Get Organised: Packing My Hand Luggage


I'm off to New York City and I thought I'd share with you the items that I've packed into my carry-on luggage. This is what I would typically take on any flight, but with a few extras as it's a longer flight:

My mobile phone: An obvious item that I'd pack into my hand luggage.


A book: I've actually packed two books by Sarah Morgan for this trip as both books are set in New York. I'm a fast reader and it really helps to pass the time.


A notebook: I like being able to jot things down mid-flight, whether it's planning for when I reach my destination or just jotting down random, little things. This time I was so lucky to receive this beautiful journal as an early Christmas present from Clay, as he remembered that a month or so ago I'd said I wanted to keep a journal of our trip.
Travel documentation and my passport: Again, obvious items that I'd carry with me through an airport.

My purse: This will contain ID, such as my driving licence, and I also make sure that I have cash in both my currency, pounds, and that of the destination, which in this case is dollars.


A colouring book and pencil case: Normally I wouldn't take this but it's a long flight and Clay also bought me a Christmas colouring book that I want to make the most of. I also have this lovely pencil case from WHSmith, full of colouring pencils.


Snacks: I always carry a little something in my bag incase I get peckish before the flight, which this time round is a packet of Haribo, but obviously I can also buy something in the airport. I always buy a bottle of water once I'm through security.

Beauty and hygiene items: I like to carry a lip balm, a mini hairbrush, hand sanitiser and hand cream. These need to be regulation size as there is a liquid limit on hand luggage items, but you can buy mini versions of almost everything you'd want on a flight or you can buy empty mini bottles to fill up yourself.

Extra clothing items: I keep a pair of socks and a scarf in my carry-on bag as my feet sometimes get cold and a scarf can also keep you warm or double up as a blanket (if it's big enough) or a pillow (when rolled up).

1 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete