Film Review: Rogue One


I finally found the time to fit in seeing this film. I love the Star Wars movies and so I was very excited about this one.

The trailers for this film made it look just as amazing as The Force Awakens, even though it's set during a different time to a different kind of storyline.

Before you read on, I will say that I wasn't as impressed by the film as I thought I would be.




I have to start by saying something I thought I'd never say about this kind of film: I was disappointed.

I wanted to love it, I really did, but I was bored in places and it felt a little slow to start with. It just didn't really do much and, if you've seen Episode IV, you know how it's going to end.

There were a couple of good action scenes, especially the final fight which was great because some parts reminded me of the old movies.

This review isn't to say that I didn't like it, because I did, but I would say that I enjoyed the whole experience. It just wasn't as good as I expected. It reminded me of when I went to see Independence Day: Resurgence, because I wanted that to be amazing and it fell pretty flat. It's such a shame.

I would give this movie:



I know that I'm probably not going to be very popular with this review as everyone I know has been raving about this film, but I just wasn't feeling it. I went into the cinema wanting to love and I was so convinced that I was going to, but I just didn't.

In all honesty, the only thing that stopped this film from being a two star rating, for me, was the last twenty minutes to half an hour, with some scenes and shots that really reminded me of the oldest Star Wars films and the final scene, which feeds into the first scene of Episode IV with Princess Leia on the ship. It was a beautiful way to end the film, especially now that she has sadly passed away.

I'd like to watch it again when it comes out on DVD to see if my opinion changes.



No comments